About Dr Marie-Klaire Farrugia
Specialty: Hydronephrosis and vesicoureteric reflux, Genital anomalies
Affiliated Hospital: Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
GMC Number: 5207476
Dr Marie-Klaire Farrugia is a specialist paediatric urologist based in central London at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and the BUPA Cromwell Hospital. She is an expert in all aspects of kidney, bladder, and vaginal abnormalities, which can be present at birth or develop later in life. She advises expecting moms whose newborns have been diagnosed with a kidney disease prenatally so that the best postnatal plan for the newborn may be devised.
Miss Marie-Klaire Farrugia is the North West London Network’s clinical lead for paediatric surgery, and she writes recommendations and lectures in the major North West London hospitals. Her study focuses on the long-term effects of urological disorders discovered before birth, such as hydronephrosis, posterior urethral valves, and vesicoureteric reflux.
She performs neonatal and pediatric circumcisions, as well as simple and complex hypospadias repairs, including staged graft repairs, hernia and hydrocoele repairs, surgery for undescended testes, pyeloplasty, ureteric reimplantation, surgery on duplex kidneys and ureterocoeles, posterior urethral valves, nephrectomy and hemi-nephrectomy, and Deflux in
Dr Marie-Klaire Farrugia is a member of the British Association of Paediatric Urologists, the European Society for Paediatric Urology, the American Association of Pediatric Urologists, and the Societies for Pediatric Urology, as well as the Society for Fetal Urology.
- FRCSEd (Paed.Surg)
- Paediatric and Perinatal Urology: Prenatally-diagnosed hydronephrosis
- kidney dilatation or obstruction
- vesico-ureteric reflux including Deflux injection
- urinary tract infections
- duplex systems
- day and night wetting
- penile abnormalities including hypospadias
- undescended testis
- ovarian cysts
- labial adhesions
- other genital anomalies. Open/ laparoscopic and robotic renal tract and genital surgery.
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh,
- British Associaion of Paediatric Surgeons,
- British Association of Paediatric Urologists,
- British Association of Paediatric Endoscopic Surgeons,
- European Society for Paediatric Urology.
English, Italian, Maltese