About Assoc Prof Darren Koh
Designation: Senior Consultant
Degree: MBBS, MMed (Anaes), FAMS, GDip Acupuncture
Affiliated Hospitals: SINGAPORE GENERAL HOSPITAL
- Assoc Prof Darren Koh is currently a senior consultant anaesthesiologist at Singapore General Hospital. He holds the rank of adjunct associate professor at NUS-Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine as well as Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School. A/Prof Koh graduated from the National University of Singapore with a Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery (MBBS) in 1993 and received the Master of Medicine (Anaesthesia) in 1998. A/Prof Koh was awarded the HMDP award in 2000 and completed his advanced fellowship in the area Neuroanaesthesia and Neuro-Intensive Care. He is also a fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore. A/Prof Koh has earned the Graduate Diploma in Acupuncture and is registered with the Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners Board (Acupuncture), Ministry of Health.
- Assoc Prof Darren Koh is the Program Director of SingHealth Anaesthesiology Residency Program. He oversees the training program approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (international), the largest anaesthesiology post-graduate education program in Singapore. A/Prof Koh also supports the education program of local undergraduates from Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine and Duke-NUS Medical School. As an adjunct academician, he is actively interested as a lecturer and mentor in problem-based learning, stimulation-based learning, health-ethics law and professionalism as well as clinical instruction of the medical students.
Professional Appointments and Committee Memberships
- Director, Residency Programme, Program Director, SingHealth Anaesthesiology Residency Program
- Senior Consultant, Department of Anaesthesiology, Singapore General Hospital
- Program Director, SingHealth Anaesthesiology Residency Program, Singapore Health Services
SingHealth Graduate Medical Education Committee member
- Associate Professor, Department of Anaesthesia, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore
- Associate Professor, Duke-NUS Medical School, Singapore
- JCST Site Accreditation Panel of Accreditors
- Clinical Advisory Panel Member, Tomorrow’s Medicine
- Examiner, Division of Graduate Medical studies, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, Singapore
- Examiner, Joint Commission on Specialist Training, Singapore
- Examiner, Medical admission selection committee, National University of Singapore-School of Medicine
- Honorary General Secretary (Ex-official), Singapore Society of Anaesthesiologists, Singapore
- Member, Asian Society of Neuroanaesthesia and Critical Care
Assoc Prof Darren Koh Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Make, Change or Cancel Appointment Tel:(65) 6321 4377,General Enquiries (24hrs) Tel: +65 6222 3322, Fax: 6224 9221 & Online Appointment here.
Chamber Name & Address: SINGAPORE GENERAL HOSPITAL, Outram Road Singapore 169608.
Read: Our Health Tips
Like: Our Facebook Page