About Assoc Prof Lim Boon Leng
Subspecialty: Intensive Care
Designation: Senior Consultant
Degree: MBBS, MMed (Anaes), FAMS
Affiliated Hospitals: SINGAPORE GENERAL HOSPITAL
- After completing Anaesthesiology training in Singapore, Assoc Prof Lim Boon Leng received his training in Intensive Care Medicine at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in Perth, Western Australia from 1992-1993, under the Health Manpower Development Plan (HDMP) scholarship. This was very much in line with his primary passion of treating critically ill patients.
- He was named Director, Surgical ICU from 1996-2002 and during this period, he realized his vision of attracting and cultivating a core of like-minded intensivists to provide high quality ICU treatment to Surgery, Neurosurgery and Burns in SGH.
- He was named Head, Department of Anaesthesia & Surgical Intensive Care from 2004-2009. During this time, he developed and nurtured several sub-specialties that included Cardiac Anaesthesia, Neuroanaesthesia, Pain Management, Liver Transplant Anaesthesia, Pre-operative Assessment Clinic and Hyperbaric & Diving Medicine.
- A/Prof Lim is involved in national and international academic acivities. He was President, Society of Intensive Care Medicine (Singapore) from 1999-2001 and President, Singapore Society of Anaesthesiology from 2002-2003. He is a member of the Specialist Training Committee for both Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine.
- Assoc Prof Lim Boon Leng is active in SGH Medical Ethics Committee and ICU Workgroup in Ministry of Health. He has been invited to talk at several regional and international.
- 1984 National University of Singapore: Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- 1990 Master of Medicine (Anaesthesiology)
- 1994 Fellow of the Academy of Medicine (Singapore)
Professional Appointments and Committee Memberships
- Designated Institutional Official (DIO), SingHealth Residency
- Member, Medical Board, SGH
- Committee Member, Specialist Training Committee (Anaesthesiology)
- Committee Member, Subspecialty Training Committee (Intensive Care Medicine)
- Course Director, Fundamental Critical Care Support Course
Assoc Prof Lim Boon Leng Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Make, Change or Cancel Appointment Tel:(65) 6321 4377,General Enquiries (24hrs) Tel: +65 6222 3322, Fax: 6224 9221 & Online Appointment here.
Chamber Name & Address: SINGAPORE GENERAL HOSPITAL, Outram Road Singapore 169608.
Read: Our Health Tips
Like: Our Facebook Page