About Dr Aparna Govil Bhasker
Experience: 13 yrs+
Specialty: Bariatrics Surgery
Qualification: MS – General Surgery, MBBS, MASGE
Clinic: Apollo Spectra Hospitals Chembur
(03:00 PM-04:00 PM)
Apollo Spectra Hospitals Chembur
2WW6+VCW, apollo spectra hospital, Ujagar Compund Opp. Deonar Bus Depot Main GAte, MBPT Colony, Best Colony, Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400088, India
- 2007 – 2017 Section Chief Bariatric Surgery at Saifee Hospital
- 2016 – 2017 Consultant Bariatric Surgeon at Apollo Hospital, CBD Belapur
- 2017 – 2017 Consultant Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon at Namaha Hospital
Awards And Achievements
- IFSO Travelling Scholarship in Argentina – 2008
- One of the First Surgeons in India to Get Accreditation for Center for Excellence in Bariatric Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation USA – 2011
- Dr Aparna Govil Bhasker is an advanced laparoscopic and bariatric surgeon. In 2011, she was one of the first surgeons in India to be designated as a Center of Excellence (COE) surgeon by the Surgical Review Corporation (SRC). She got her post-graduate degree in General Surgery in 2006 at the Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences in Sewagram, India, after which she pursued a fellowship in Mumbai in “Advanced Laparoscopy and Bariatric Surgery.” In 2015, she earned a Harvard Medical School online certificate in “Principles and Practice of Clinical Research” over the course of nine months.
- Bariatric and Laparoscopic GI surgery are her primary areas of expertise, and she has over eleven years of experience in these domains. She was the Section Chief of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery at Saifee Hospital in Mumbai till September 2017, following which she went to Global Hospital in Parel as a bariatric surgeon, where she is available daily from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. As a Bariatric Surgeon, she is additionally affiliated with Apollo Hospital, CBD Belapur in New Bombay, Currae Hospital, Thane; Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Suchak Hospital, Malad, and Namaha Hospital in Kandivali West. She visited the Sunshine Global Hospital in Surat, as well. She has one of the largest series of single incision Bariatric Surgeries in India and a particular interest in single incision surgery. She executes both Bariatric and General Laparoscopic Surgeries with ease and precision.
- Dr Aparna Govil Bhasker is one of the few Indian Bariatric Surgeons on a committee in India.
- Communication committee for the International Federation for Obesity and Metabolic Surgery (IFSO-APC). She was also recently elected to the Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society of India’s executive committee (OSSI). She has been asked to speak at a number of national and international conferences. Dr Aparna Govil Bhasker has done live surgeries at national conferences and training programs.
- Dr Aparna Govil Bhasker has a deep interest in research and academia and has produced numerous articles in top publications with peer review. She is the co-author of the 2016 publication “Silver Book on Sleeve Gastrectomy.” She has also contributed to numerous surgical textbooks.
- Dr Aparna Govil Bhasker is an ardent reader, artist, and blogger. She also manages a philanthropic organization in Mumbai called the Debabrata Auro Foundation.
- Dr Aparna Govil Bhasker is a bariatric and advanced laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgeon with over 14 years of expertise.
- Her primary focus is on single-incision procedures. She has performed one of the greatest numbers of this sort of bariatric surgery in India.
- In 2011, Dr. A G Bhasker was one of the first surgeons in India to be designated as a Center for Excellence (COE) surgeon by the Surgical Review Corporation (SRC).
- In 2006, she received her master’s degree in general surgery from the Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences in Sewagram, India.
- Subsequently, she underwent a fellowship in “Advanced Laparoscopy and Bariatric Surgery” at the Center for Obesity and Digestive Surgery (CODS) in Mumbai.
- She has a particular interest in clinical research, and in 2015 she finished a nine-month Harvard Medical School course on the “principles and practice of clinical research.”
- Aparna Govil Bhasker, MD, is the chair of the Position Statement Committee for the Asia Pacific Chapter of the International Federation for Obesity and Metabolic Surgery (IFSO-APC). She has been asked to speak at a number of national and international conferences. She has done live surgeries at national conferences and training programs.
- Dr Aparna Govil Bhasker has a deep interest in research and academia and has produced numerous articles in journals with peer review. She is the co-author of the 2016 publication “The Silver Book on Sleeve Gastrectomy.” She has also contributed to numerous surgical textbooks.
Dr Aparna Govil Bhasker Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): +(91)-22 6280 6280, For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Apollo Hospitals Navi Mumbai, Plot # 13, Off Uran Road, Parsik Hill Rd, Sector 23, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400614, India.
Contact us: Facebook Link