About Dr Arun Prasad
Experience: 35 yrs+
Specialty: Surgical Gastroenterology
Qualification: FRCSED, FRCS, FACS (USA), MS (MAMC), MBBS (AFMC)
Clinic: Apollo Hospitals Indraprastha,South Delhi
(11:30 AM-02:00 PM)
Apollo Hospitals Indraprastha,South Delhi
Apollo Hospitals Indraprastha, Sarita Vihar,Delhi-Mathura RoadSouth Delhi, India.
Awards And Achievements
- Felicitation by Health Minister of India for work in Bariatric and Obesity Surgery
- Felicitation by Health Minister of Delhi for work in Thoracoscopic Surgery
- Felicitation and Awards in Europe, USA, UK, Canada, China for work in Robotic Surgery
- Multiple key note and presidential talks on GI, Bariatric and Robotic Surgery
- Had the privilege to have done the World’s first laparoscopic / thoracoscopic / robotic operation for: Cholecysto-colic fistula by Laparoscopy ( Bedford Hospital , UK, Mar 1994) & Hydatid cyst of the lung by Thoracoscopy ( Batra Hospital, New Delhi)
- Performed Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in a 100 year old patient ( Apollo Hospital, New Delhi )
- Robotic minigastric bypass bariatric surgery ( Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, 2012 )
- Robotic pancreatic surgery ( Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, 2012 )
- Largest 450 grams thymoma removal by robotic surgery ( Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, 2016 ) & Robotic splenic artery aneurysm surgery ( Manipal Hospital, New Delhi 2018 )
- Reviewer – Surgical Endoscopy, Obesity Surgery
- Adjunct Professor in Bariatric Surgery (AHERF)
- Clinical Tutor in Surgery (AHERF)
- Editor of Journal of Minimal Access Surgery (JMAS)
- Editor of World Journal of Gastroenterology
- Board member of EC Journal of Gastroenterology
- Editorial Board Member of Journal of Bariatric Surgery (JBS) & World Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Trustee – Primary Trauma Care Foundation (PTC), Oxford, UK
- Academic Coordinator of International Bariatric Club Academy (IBCA)
- Indian Rep – International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity (IFSO)
- Dr. Arun is one of the leading Surgical Gastroenterologists in South Delhi, having over four decades of professional expertise. He is an expert in Laparoscopic Surgery, Abdominal Pain Treatment, Abdominal surgery, Colorectal Surgery, Intestine Surgery, Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Disorders, Gastroenterology, GI medicine, Upper and Lower Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Procedures, ERCP, Endoscopic Ultrasound and Liver Biopsy, UGI Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, Colon polyps, Acidity, Hepatitis, Gastroes He is a well-respected member of prestigious Medical Organizations such as IFSO, OSSI, IAGES, AMASI, ASI, IMA, DMA, FRCS, FACS, ARIS, CRSA, and AWRSC.
- The physician’s concept regarding patient care is as follows: “Do good to the best of your ability for your patient and have faith in God.” He is a skilled, friendly, and well-read physician who enjoys photography, cricket, and adventure sports in his spare time.
- Currently, he is one of the youngest surgeons in the world, with over 7,000 laparoscopic surgeries under his belt. (Surgical experience of 34 years and Laparoscopic experience of 24 years) Performed the world’s first Laparoscopic operation for a fistula between the gallbladder and the large intestine, which has been acknowledged in prestigious medical journals.
- First Thoracoscopic excision of a pulmonary Hydatid cyst in the globe.
Worked on additional complicated and advanced laparoscopic procedures for abdominal and chest conditions.
In 1994, we conducted one of the first series demonstrating the feasibility and safety of Laparoscopic gall bladder surgery and same-day discharge.
One of the very few Indians to have been a Laparoscopic Surgery tutor at The Royal College of Surgeons in London. Currently, he is a tutor in Surgery for the Royal College of Surgeons of the United Kingdom and an examiner for the Royal College’s MRCS examination.
One of just a few of surgeons performing ETS for Hyperhidrosis.
Robotic and Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass and Laparoscopic Gastric Banding for Morbid Obesity are his areas of expertise ( Pioneer of robotic single anastomosis gastric bypass surgery in the world, has presented this at European, British and American forums )
Dr Arun Prasa Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): +91 11 7179 1090, For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Mathura Rd, New Delhi, Delhi 110076, India.
Contact us: Facebook Link