About Dr Atasha Binti Asmat
Specialty: Thoracic Surgery
Designation: Senior Consultant
Qualification: MBBCh, AFRCS (Ireland), M.Med (Surgery), FRCS (CTh)
Clinical Interests: Thoracic Surgery, Thoracic Oncology and Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery
- Dr Atasha Binti Asmat graduated from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland in 1997 and completed her Cardiothoracic Surgery Advanced Specialty Training at the National University Hospital in Singapore in 2008. In 2010, she was awarded the NUHS-Health Manpower Development Plan (HMDP) and received training in general thoracic surgery at Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital in the United Kingdom (2010–2011) and thoracic surgical oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in the United States of America (2010–2011). (2011-2012).
- Dr Atasha Binti Asmat is on the faculty of NUS’s Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine and NTU’s Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine. She is a member of the core faculty of the National PGY1 program and also teaches residents from the NHG General Surgery and NUHS Cardiothoracic Surgery residency programs. She has instructed residents in general surgery and cardiothoracic surgery in several video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS) workshops.
- Dr Asmat is a member of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, the European Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons, and the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer.
- She has presented at both national and international conferences and is enthusiastic about mentoring junior medical staff members interested in science. She has written several articles and book chapters on Thoracic Surgery in peer-reviewed publications both locally and internationally, including the Singapore Medical Journal, the Asian Cardiovascular and Thoracic Annals, the European Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery, and the Annals of Thoracic Surgery.
- Dr Asmat serves on the TTSH Patient Education Steering Workgroup, the JCI Internal Auditor, and the Hospital Clinical Ethics Committee. She is also a member of the Independent Medical Practitioners’ National Transplant Ethics Panel.
- Thymoma and thoracic surgical oncology are among her clinical interests.
Dr Atasha Binti Asmat Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Phone: +65 6256 6011, General Enquiries: 6256 6011, Centralised Appointment Lines: 6357 7000, 9635 1421 (for local SMS), Billing Enquiries: 6407 8128, Emergency Department: 6357 8754, TTSH Community Fund: 6357 2500. For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH), 11 Jln Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433.