About Dr Atul Bhaskar
Experience: 25 yrs+
Specialty: Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon
Qualification: FRCS (Tr. & Orth), FRCS (Glas), M.Ch (Orth)UK M.S. (Orth), D.N.B.(Orth),MBBS
Clinic: Apollo Hospitals Navi Mumbai
(11:00 AM-01:00 PM)
Apollo Hospitals Navi Mumbai
Plot # 13, Off Uran Road, Parsik Hill Rd, Sector 23, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400614, India.
- Dr Atul Bhaskar has over 25 years of expertise as a pediatric orthopedician.
Dr Atul Bhaskar is a member of prestigious organizations such as the Bombay Orthopaedic Society, the Indian Orthopaedic Association, the Paediatric Orthopaedic Society of India (POSI), the Royal College of Surgeons (Glasgow), the Indian Medical Association, the Mumbai Branch of the Indian Academy of Paediatrics, and the American Academy of Cerebral Palsy.
In 1999, he earned his FRCS in General Surgery and enrolled in the Specialist Registrar (SPR) Orthopaedics training program in the Yorkshire Deanery. In 2000, he completed the FRCS (Trauma & Ortho) degree from the Intercollegiate Board in Edinburgh, UK.
- Dr Atul Bhaskar completed his Paediatric Orthopaedic Training at the world-renowned Hospital for Sick Children (HSC – Toronto) under the supervision of Drs. R B Salter, B Alman, W Cole, and Jim Wright.
- Dr Atul Bhaskar is an expert in a number of domains, including Children Orthopaedics, Paediatric Trauma, Spine Surgery, Joint Replacement, Arthroscopy & Sports Injuries, Trauma, minimally invasive techniques, etc.
- He has written for publications, contributed to national and international research articles, and is one of the few authors who have reported the outcomes of clubfoot therapy in India.
Dr. Atul Bhaskar received his MBBS and Orthopaedic Residency at Seth G.S. Medical College & K.E.M Hospital, Mumbai. He then traveled to the United Kingdom on the Overseas Doctors Training Scheme (ODTS) and pursued further surgical training in the United Kingdom. He started the Specialist Registrar (SPR) training program in Orthopaedics at the Yorkshire Deanery (United Leeds Teaching Hospitals) in 1999 and earned the FRCS (General Surgery) degree from the Intercollegiate Board, Edinburgh, UK in 2000. He completed his Paediatric Orthopaedic Training at the world-famous Hospital for Sick Children (HSC – Toronto) under the tutelage of Drs. R. B. Salter, W. Cole, B. Alman, and Jim Wright.
- Dr. Bhaskar is a pioneer in the Ponseti-based conservative treatment of clubfoot recurrence. He is one of the few authors that have published the treatment outcomes for clubfeet in India. He has investigated the relapse pattern in clubfeet following the Ponseti approach. He has one of the largest collections of clubfoot cases in the country. As a faculty member, he has participated in Ponseti training programs in India and internationally.
- He is a specialist in Botulinum Toxin Injections, PERCS (Percutaneous Aponeurotic Surgery), Multi-Level surgery, and Deformity correction, and is a member of the “Comprehensive Cerebral Palsy Care Program” team at the Child Development Centre (CDC).
- Dr. Bhaskar has also conducted substantial, published research on hip dislocation in cerebral palsy. His specialization also includes paediatric minimal access surgery
Dr Atul Bhaskar Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): +(91)-22 6280 6280, For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Apollo Hospitals Navi Mumbai, Plot # 13, Off Uran Road, Parsik Hill Rd, Sector 23, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400614, India.
Contact us: Facebook Link