About Dr Chan Ping Wah Kenneth
Specialty: Respiratory Medicine
Languages: Cantonese, English, Indonesian, Malay, Mandarin
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Science, National University of Singapore
- Master of Medicine (Internal Medicine), National University of Singapore
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians of the United Kingdom
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore (Respiratory Medicine)
- Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians
- European Diploma of Intensive Care
- Dr Chan Ping Wah Kenneth is a pulmonologist and intensivist at Singapore’s Gleneagles and Mount Elizabeth Novena hospitals.
His subspecialty preferences, in addition to general respiratory medicine, include intensive care and bronchoscopy. Additionally, he has a keen interest in assisting patients in quitting smoking.
Dr Chan founded the Parkway Hospitals’ endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle biopsy service. He also founded the extracorporeal life support service at Singapore General Hospital’s medical intensive care unit (SGH). He has been a physician for over 25 years.
- Dr Chan Ping Wah Kenneth completed a residency in respiratory medicine at SGH in 2002 and a clinical internship in critical care medicine at the University of Toronto in 2005. He also completed a fellowship at Germany’s world-famous Thoraxklinik under Prof Felix Herth, where he honed his expertise and experience in bronchoscopic procedures such as endobronchial ultrasound and bronchial thermoplasty for asthma.
He served as scientific chair of the World Congress on Tobacco and Health in 2012. He has served as president of both the Singapore Thoracic Society and the Singapore Society of Intensive Care Medicine, and is currently the vice-chair of the Academy of Medicine’s Chapter of Intensivists. In 2010, he was presented with the Outstanding Service Award (STAR).
Dr Chan Ping Wah Kenneth Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment and medical enquiry: +65 6575 7575, Appointment Hospital mainline Tel: +65 6473 7222, Central Patient Assistance Centre 24-Hour Helpline: +65 6735 5000, WhatsApp us and get an appointment within 24 hours Tel: +65 8111 9777 (For specialist appointment booking only. WhatsApp messaging service is available in English and operates from Monday to Friday, 9am- 5pm.) For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Gleneagles Hospital Singapore, 6A Napier Road, Singapore 258500.