About Dr Chan Wah Hak Nien Shen Charles
Languages: English, French
Fellowship and accreditation
- MBBCh BAO, First Class Honours, National University of Ireland
- Licentiate of the Royal College of Physicians, Ireland
- Licentiate of the Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians, United Kingdom
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore (Cardiology)
- Accredited Board Specialist in Cardiology (Singapore)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology, USA
- Dr Chan Wah Hak Nien Shen Charles graduated from the University of Ireland with a Bachelor of Medicine and a Masters of Surgery. He then studied cardiology and became a Singapore-accredited Board Specialist in Cardiology in 1989.
Dr Chan Wah Hak Nien Shen Charles previously worked at the National Heart Centre in Singapore as a Senior Consultant Cardiologist and Director of Adult Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiac Catheterisation Laboratories. Additionally, Dr Chan has been an active participant in medical education and science. He previously worked at the National University of Singapore as a Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine. He previously worked as a Clinical Lecturer in Medicine (Cardiology) at the University of Aberdeen in the United Kingdom.
He has reviewed several publications in the fields of medicine and cardiology over the years, including the Singapore Medical Journal and Catheterization and Cardiovascular Diagnosis. He has also served as a peer reviewer for several prestigious publications, including the Annals of Internal Medicine’s Specialist Advisory Panel, the Academy of Medicine, and the International Journal of Cardiology. Dr Chan Wah Hak Nien Shen Charles has also developed a strong reputation in the field of clinical research. He is the principal investigator for a number of system trials, including the NUGGET Trial, PHARAO, and the APATEST-Terumo stent trial. He is also a member of the Steering Committee and the principal investigator for the HERO-2 report, a pharmacologic research project.
- Adult congenital heart disease, cardiac syncope, cardiac arrhythmia, chronic heart failure, dilated cardiomyopathy, dyslipidemia, hypertension, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, and valvular heart disease are only a few of the disorders he handles. Additionally, he performs aortic valvuloplasty, carotid artery stenting, recurrent complete occlusions (CTOs), complex percutaneous coronary intervention (PTCA) and coronary stenting, left main stenting, mitral valvuloplasty, peripheral artery angioplasty and stenting, renal artery ablation, renal artery stenting, septal ablation, and transradial coronary intervention.
Dr Chan Wah Hak Nien Shen Charles Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment and medical enquiry: +65 6575 7575, Appointment Hospital mainline Tel: +65 6473 7222, Central Patient Assistance Centre 24-Hour Helpline: +65 6735 5000, WhatsApp us and get an appointment within 24 hours Tel: +65 8111 9777 (For specialist appointment booking only. WhatsApp messaging service is available in English and operates from Monday to Friday, 9am- 5pm.) For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Gleneagles Hospital Singapore, 6A Napier Road, Singapore 258500.