About Dr Chang Kin Yong Stephen
Specialty: General Surgery
Languages: Cantonese, English, French, Hakka, Hokkien, Indonesian, Malay, Mandarin
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK
- Master of Medicine (Surgery), National University of Singapore
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (General Surgery), UK
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore
- Dr Chang Kin Yong Stephen is a general surgeon practicing at Singapore’s Mount Elizabeth Hospital.
He is a subspecialist in laparoscopic surgery, gall bladder, liver, and pancreatic disease control, as well as liver transplantation.
Dr Chang Kin Yong Stephen graduated from the National University of Singapore (NUS) with a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery in 1994 and a Master of Medicine (Surgery) in 2000. He completed additional training in laparoscopic hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery, as well as liver transplantation, in Paris, France, after becoming a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2003.
- Dr Chang Kin Yong Stephen was a pioneer in the development of laparoscopic hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery. He also pioneered single incision laparoscopic surgery (SILS) and was one of the first to publish his experience with SILS gall bladder surgery, liver resection, and pancreas resection.
Dr Chang is the founder of the Singapore Hepatopancreatobiliary Association and an adjunct associate professor at NUS’s Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Apart from his practice at Mount Elizabeth Hospital, he is a visiting senior consultant at the National University Hospital’s Division of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, University Surgical Cluster (NUH).
Dr Chang’s academic interests include not only clinical research but also basic science and the advancement of medical technology (medtech). He has been the recipient of several research grants totaling more than $7 million to advance surgical procedures and treatment modalities through medical technical initiatives. He has published articles in both clinical and medical technology fields and has since filed five patents in these fields. He hopes that these efforts will result in an improvement in patient care.
Dr Chang Kin Yong Stephen Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment and medical enquiry: +65 6575 7575, Appointment Hospital mainline Tel: +65 6473 7222, Central Patient Assistance Centre 24-Hour Helpline: +65 6735 5000, WhatsApp us and get an appointment within 24 hours Tel: +65 8111 9777 (For specialist appointment booking only. WhatsApp messaging service is available in English and operates from Monday to Friday, 9am- 5pm.) For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Gleneagles Hospital Singapore, 6A Napier Road, Singapore 258500.