About Dr Cheng Hung Henry
Specialty / Subspecialties: Obstetrics & Gynaecology
SUBSPECIALTIES: Obstetrics & Gynaecology
AFFILIATED HOSPITALS: Astra Women’s Specialists
Languages: Cantonese, English, Indonesian, Mandarin
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery – MBBS – University of Malaya, 1982
- Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists – MRCOG – Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London, 1988
- Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists – FRCOG (LONDON) 2000
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine – FAMS – Singapore, 1993
- Master of Medicine – M Med (O&G) – National University of Singapore, 1988
Education & Experience:
- Dr Cheng Hung Henry completed his basic medical degree at the University of Malaya in 1982, received his specialist training in Singapore and obtained his post-graduate degree in the United Kingdom. He received further training in Fetal Medicine with the world renowned Foetal Medicine Foundation Founder, Professor Kypros Nicolaides at the Harris Birthright Research Centre in Kings College Hospital in London.
- The research data used and analysed during Dr Cheng Hung Henry’s work with Professir Nicolaides would eventually lay the foundation for the present OSCAR test used internationally for the screening of first trimester pregnancies for Down’s syndrome. Following that, Dr Cheng conducted further study at University College London and the University of Nottingham which was published extensively.
- Prior to beginning his private practice, Dr Cheng was a senior consultant at Singapore General Hospital’s department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, where he was head of the Foetal Medicine Section. Besides offering prenatal diagnostic facilities, Dr Cheng has also developed tools for ultrasound scanning and other obstetrics and labour ward services. He was also involved in the teaching and training of medical students, specialists-in-training, and other specialists. In addition to that, Dr Cheng Hung Henry is actively interested in educating members of the public through forums and public talks.
- Apart from his regular work obligations, Dr Cheng Hung Henry also has particular interest in computer software and electronic medical equipment. He is the medical advisor for various medical software and electronic companies, some of which have produced medical equipment which is widely in Singapore and other countries for monitoring the well-being of adults and babies using wireless RFID technology.
Dr Cheng Hung Henry Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): BOOK BY Tel 63533878, Fax 63342621, Orchard +65 6250 0000, Novena +65 6898 6898 & Online Appointment here.
Chamber Name & Address: Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Astra Women’s Specialists, 38 Irrawaddy Road #05-21/22, Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre, Singapore 329563.
Read: Our Health Tips
Like: Our Facebook Page