About Dr Cheng Jin Fong
Languages: Cantonese, English, Mandarin
Fellowship and accreditation
- MBBS (Singapore)
- MRCSEd (UK, Ophthalmology)
- MMED (Singapore Ophthalmology)
- FRCSEd (UK, Ophthalmology)
- FAMS (Ophthalmology)
- The Radiant Eye Centre is directed by Dr Cheng Jin Fong. She is an ophthalmologist who specializes in cataract surgery and systematic ophthalmology, with a subspecialty focus in tearing disorders, eyelid problems, and orbit diseases.
Dr Cheng Jin Fong graduated from the University of Manchester’s Faculty of Medicine in 1998. She completed her basic and advanced training at the Singapore National Eye Centre and the Singapore National University Hospital. She earned a Master of Medicine (MMED) in Ophthalmology and Fellowship in the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2004. (MRCSEd). In 2008, she was awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (FRCSEd). Additionally, she is a Fellow of the Singapore Academy of Medicine (FAMS).
Dr Cheng joined the National University Hospital of Singapore in 2008 as an Associate Consultant and concurrently holding an Adjunct Associate Professor appointment at the National University of Singapore. Dr Cheng was awarded a Health Manpower Development Award in 2010 for a one-year overseas fellowship in oculoplastics at Australia’s Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital and Royal Children’s Hospital. She developed a particular interest in weeping and dry eye disorders, eyelid malposition, and paediatric orbit diseases while studying there under the tutelage of Prof TJ Sullivan.
- Dr Cheng was promoted to Consultant upon her return to Singapore. Dr Cheng was named Head of the Ophthalmology service at Jurong Health Services between 2011 and 2013. She leads a team of physicians, nurses, and optometrists in providing patients with high-quality eye care.
Additionally, she is an active member of the regional oculoplastics group, serving as treasurer of the Asia Pacific Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Dr Cheng Jin Fong Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment and medical enquiry: +65 6575 7575, Appointment Hospital mainline Tel: +65 6473 7222, Central Patient Assistance Centre 24-Hour Helpline: +65 6735 5000, WhatsApp us and get an appointment within 24 hours Tel: +65 8111 9777 (For specialist appointment booking only. WhatsApp messaging service is available in English and operates from Monday to Friday, 9am- 5pm.) For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Gleneagles Hospital Singapore, 6A Napier Road, Singapore 258500.