About Dr Chew Huck Chin
Specialty: Respiratory Medicine
Languages: English, Hokkien
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Master of Medicine (Emergency Medicine), National University of Singapore
- Master of Medicine (Internal Medicine), National University of Singapore
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians of the United Kingdom
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK
- European Diploma of Intensive Care Medicine
- Diploma in Medical Ethics and Law, National University of Singapore
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore
- Dr Chew Huck Chin works at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital as a respiratory physician and intensivist.
Dr Chew Huck Chin’s special ties, in addition to general respiratory medicine, include intensive care medicine, non-invasive ventilation, and bronchoscopy. He is proficient in advanced ventilator support techniques such as extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, airway pressure release ventilation, and high-frequency oscillatory ventilation, as well as advanced bronchoscopic techniques such as endobronchial ultrasound guided transbronchial needle aspiration.
He was previously a consultant at Singapore General Hospital’s department of respiratory and critical care medicine (SGH). He has been a physician for more than two decades.
- Dr Chew Huck Chin has served on a number of boards, including as chairman of the medical board at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital, as treasurer and executive committee member of the Singapore Society of Emergency Medicine, and as treasurer of the Singapore Society of Intensive Care Medicine and the SG-ANZICS conference. Additionally, he was named to the pro-tem committee of Sengkang General Hospital and the clinical service planning committee. He has served as the supervisor of the respiratory therapy department at SGH and is passionate about the advancement of non-invasive ventilation technology.
He is an adjunct assistant professor at Duke-NUS Medical School and a senior clinical lecturer at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine of the National University of Singapore. He is board certified in emergency medicine, occupational medicine, and critical care medicine.
Dr Chew has published in a number of international journals, including CHEST, the Journal of Resuscitation, the European Journal of Emergency Medicine, and the American Journal of Emergency Medicine, and has participated in a number of local and regional clinical trials. He is also a guest reviewer for Respirology, the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, and the Singapore Medical Journal.
Dr Chew Huck Chin Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment and medical enquiry: +65 6575 7575, Appointment Hospital mainline Tel: +65 6473 7222, Central Patient Assistance Centre 24-Hour Helpline: +65 6735 5000, WhatsApp us and get an appointment within 24 hours Tel: +65 8111 9777 (For specialist appointment booking only. WhatsApp messaging service is available in English and operates from Monday to Friday, 9am- 5pm.) For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Gleneagles Hospital Singapore, 6A Napier Road, Singapore 258500.