About Dr Chia Kok Kiong Jason
Specialty: Orthopaedic Surgery
Designation: Head (Sports Medicine & Surgery Clinic), Senior Consultant
Qualification: MBBS (S’pore), MSpMed (Australia), DFD (CAW), ACSM Exercise Specialist
Clinical Interests: Sports Injury Management, Exercise testing and prescription, Dance Medicine, Functional Movement, Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT)
- Dr Chia Kok Kiong Jason earned his undergraduate degree in 1998 from the National University of Singapore and his postgraduate specialty degree in sports medicine from Australia (2002). He has previously served as an Assistant Director at the Singapore Sports Council’s (Sports Medicine and Research Center) and as a Consultant Sports Physician at Changi General Hospital. He is currently the head of the Tan Tock Seng Hospital’s Sports Medicine and Surgery Clinic.
- Dr Chia Kok Kiong Jason was involved in sports injury care, fitness testing and exercise prescription, weight management, extracorporeal shockwave therapy, and gait analysis as a Consultant Sports Physician.
- He was also instrumental in the development and publication of a handbook for general practitioners on exercise prescription (Prescribing Exercise: A Handbook for Medical Practitioners), and served as President, Vice-President, and Honorary Secretary of the Sports Medicine Association, as well as Secretary of the Sports Medicine Special Interest Group. Dr Chia’s clinical research interests include ESWT (extracorporeal shockwave therapy) and biomechanics.
- He has served as Medical Director for a variety of sports events, including the OSIM triathlon, the Aviva Ironman, and the HSBC wakeboarding championship, as well as the medical advisor for the inaugural Asian Youth Games and Youth Olympics Games.
- Dr Chia is currently a member of the Olympic Medical Committee of the Singapore National Olympic Council.
- Dr Chia is passionate about multi-discipline endurance sports, having completed an Ironman triathlon and currently running marathons as a pastime. As a complement to his interest in endurance sports, his professional interests include the analysis of running patterns, as well as injury prevention and treatment. His current hobby is golf, and he is particularly interested in golf injuries and swing analysis on a professional level.
Dr Chia Kok Kiong Jason Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Phone: +65 6256 6011, General Enquiries: 6256 6011, Centralised Appointment Lines: 6357 7000, 9635 1421 (for local SMS), Billing Enquiries: 6407 8128, Emergency Department: 6357 8754, TTSH Community Fund: 6357 2500. For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH), 11 Jln Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433.