About Dr Chia Stanley
Languages: English, Hokkien, Mandarin, Teochew
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (Honours)
- Doctor of Medicine
- Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, UK
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore (Cardiology)
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
- Fellow of the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions
- Dr Chia Stanley is a physician and interventional cardiologist at Singapore’s Mount Elizabeth Hospitals.
He is skilled in the management of complicated coronary heart disease as well as a host of other cardiovascular disorders and conditions. He also performs difficult coronary interventional procedures such as those involving the left primary, chronic complete occlusions, and calcified lesions.
Between 2000 and 2002, he was awarded a British Heart Foundation Scholarship Scheme and a Junior Research Fellowship to pursue cardiovascular medicine research at the University of Edinburgh. He completed his advanced cardiology specialty training at Singapore’s National Heart Centre and has been accredited as a cardiology specialist since 2006.
- Dr Chia Stanley completed a research fellowship at Harvard Medical School and an interventional cardiology fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America.
Prior to entering private practice, he worked at the National Heart Centre Singapore as a senior consultant cardiologist and interventional cardiologist. He was simultaneously a clinical senior lecturer and the director of the cardiology residency program at the National University of Singapore’s faculty of medicine.
Dr Chia Stanley made important contributions to the education and training of cardiologists. He is currently the vice chairman of the SingHealth Institution Research Ethics Committee and previously served on the National Medical Research Council’s Scientific Review Panel.
He introduced and conducted studies on advanced intravascular imaging methods such as optical coherence tomography in order to gain insight into the progression of coronary artery disease. He honed his clinical skills in interventional cardiology and became a specialist in structural heart and coronary interventional procedures.
He has written widely in international peer-reviewed journals on cardiovascular studies. He continues to play a significant role in the organization and presentation of various international and regional cardiology conferences.
Dr Chia Stanley Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment and medical enquiry: +65 6575 7575, Appointment Hospital mainline Tel: +65 6473 7222, Central Patient Assistance Centre 24-Hour Helpline: +65 6735 5000, WhatsApp us and get an appointment within 24 hours Tel: +65 8111 9777 (For specialist appointment booking only. WhatsApp messaging service is available in English and operates from Monday to Friday, 9am- 5pm.) For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Gleneagles Hospital Singapore, 6A Napier Road, Singapore 258500.