About Dr Chua Sze Yuen Irene
Specialty: Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Languages: English, Hokkien, Mandarin
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of London, UK
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore (Obstetrics and Gynaecology)
- Dr Chua Sze Yuen Irene is a specialist in obstetrics and gynecology (O&G) in Singapore, where she practices at Gleneagles Hospital and Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital. She is board certified in gynecological surgery and endoscopy, or keyhole surgery.
Dr Chua graduated from the National University of Singapore with a Bachelor of Medicine and a Bachelor of Surgery. Following that, she was accepted as a member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of London, United Kingdom, and as a fellow of the Singapore Academy of Medicine of obstetrics and gynecology.
Dr Chua Sze Yuen Irene was previously a senior consultant in the Kandang Kerbau Women’s and Children’s Hospital’s Minimally Invasive Surgery Unit and the head of the 24-hour Women’s Clinic at KKH. Dr Chua is also a senior clinical lecturer at the National University of Singapore’s Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine.
- Dr Chua Sze Yuen Irene was the first female gynecologist to receive a Health Manpower Development Plan (HMDP) scholarship in 2004 to train in advanced laparoscopic surgery in gynecology at the Research Institute Against Digestive Cancer/European Institute of TeleSurgery (EITS) in Strasbourg, France. She received additional training in the removal of extra uterine tissues that expand outside the womb, as well as pelvic floor support. Dr Chua was mentored by Professor Arnaud Wattiez, a world-renowned laparoscopic surgeon.
Dr Chua is also actively involved in the teaching and training of O&G professionals on a local and regional level, as a KKH level 3 certified laparoscopic trainer. She is also a member of the teaching faculty at Taiwan’s Asian Institute of Telesurgery and lectures and performs surgeries in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Brunei.
Dr Chua Sze Yuen Irene Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment and medical enquiry: +65 6575 7575, Appointment Hospital mainline Tel: +65 6473 7222, Central Patient Assistance Centre 24-Hour Helpline: +65 6735 5000, WhatsApp us and get an appointment within 24 hours Tel: +65 8111 9777 (For specialist appointment booking only. WhatsApp messaging service is available in English and operates from Monday to Friday, 9am- 5pm.) For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Gleneagles Hospital Singapore, 6A Napier Road, Singapore 258500.