About Dr Chua Sze Yuen Irene
Specialty / Subspecialties: Obstetrics & Gynaecology
SUBSPECIALTIES: Obstetrics & Gynaecology
AFFILIATED HOSPITALS: Irene And Jon Clinic For Women
Languages: English, Hokkien, Mandarin
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of London, UK
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore (Obstetrics and Gynaecology)
Education & Experience:
- Dr Chua Sze Yuen Irene is an obstetrics and gynaecology (O&G) specialist practising at Gleneagles Hospital and Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital, Singapore. She specialises in gynaecological surgery and endoscopy, also known as keyhole surgery.
- Dr Chua Sze Yuen Irene completed her Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery at the National University of Singapore. Thereafter, she was admitted as a member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of London, UK and as a fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore in obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Dr Chua Sze Yuen Irene was formerly a senior consultant in the Minimally Invasive Surgery Unit of the Kandang Kerbau Women’s and Children’s Hospital (KKH) and the director of the 24-hour Women’s Clinic in KKH.
- Dr Chua is also a senior clinical lecturer for the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS.
- Dr Chua Sze Yuen Irene was the first female gynaecologist to be awarded the Health Manpower Development Plan (HMDP) scholarship in 2004 to train in advanced laparoscopic surgery in gynaecology at the Research Institute Against Digestive Cancer / European Institute of TeleSurgery (EITS) in Strasbourg, France. In particular, she trained in the removal of excess uterine tissues that develop outside of the womb, and in pelvic floor support. Dr Chua was under the mentorship of the world-renowned laparoscopic surgeon, Professor Arnaud Wattiez.
- Dr Chua Sze Yuen Irene is also actively involved in the teaching and training of O&G specialists both locally and regionally, becoming a level 3 certified laparoscopic teacher in KKH. She is also named as a teaching faculty member at the Asian Institute of Telesurgery in Taiwan, and conducts lectures and surgeries in Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei.
Dr Chua Sze Yuen Irene Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): BOOK BY Tel 63397333, Fax 63397633, Orchard +65 6250 0000, Novena +65 6898 6898 & Online Appointment here.
Chamber Name & Address: Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Irene And Jon Clinic For Women, 38 Irrawaddy Road #10-63, Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre, Singapore 329563.
Read: Our Health Tips
Like: Our Facebook Page