About Dr Chuwa Wee Lee Esther
Specialty: General Surgery
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK
- Master of Medicine (Surgery)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore (Surgery)
- Dr Chuwa Wee Lee Esther is a breast surgeon who practices at Singapore’s Gleneagles Hospital. She is an expert in oncoplastic breast surgery as a surgical option for treating breast cancer, minimally invasive breast biopsy procedures, and the localization and excision of non-palpable breast tumors.
Dr Chuwa Wee Lee Esther graduated from the National University of Singapore in 1999 and was one of the first members of her cohort to complete advanced surgical training. She was also elected top candidate in her qualifying exams by the Board of Examiners of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
Dr Chuwa Wee Lee Esther chose to devote her practice in Singapore exclusively to the management and research of breast diseases, especially breast cancer, in 2006, when she joined KK Breast Centre. Recognizing the critical role of oncologic monitoring and cosmetic results in breast cancer surgical excisions, Dr Chuwa completed an oncoplastic breast fellowship at the renowned Nottingham Breast Institute in the United Kingdom in 2009 via a Health Manpower Development Programme (HMDP) grant.
- Dr Chuwa Wee Lee Esther has completed visiting stints and observerships at numerous institutions, including the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City, the Lyon Berard Cancer Center in Lyon, France, and the Western General Hospital in Edinburgh, United Kingdom. She is one of the few Singaporean breast surgeons with formal training in oncoplastic breast surgery.
Dr Chuwa has published extensively in a variety of local, regional, and international journals and has been active in a number of multi-institutional research partnerships funded by A*star and the National Medical Council. Dr Chuwa is also a member of the European Society of Breast Cancer Specialists, the International Society of Surgery, and the American College of Breast Surgeons. She serves as a peer reviewer for international publications such as Clinical Breast Cancer and International Surgery, as well as an ad hoc reviewer for the Journal of Gynecology and Minimally Invasive Therapy.
Dr Chuwa conceptualized and developed Alpine Blossoms, a comprehensive breast cancer support program at the KK Breast Department, which she chaired from 2008 to 2012. Since 2012, she has also served on the Women’s Health advisory committee, which is responsible for making recommendations on key women’s health problems in Singapore. Dr Chuwa has won several service awards for her dedication to patient care, including the EXSA Singapore Excellent Service Awards.
Among the disorders she treats are accessory breasts, axillary lumps, BRCA mutations, breast abcesses, breast cancer, breast lumps, and breast pain, gigantomastia, gynecomastia, inverted nipples, nipple discharges, phyllodes tumor, and breastfeeding/lactation issues. Additionally, she performs breast cancer screenings.
Dr Chuwa Wee Lee Esther Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment and medical enquiry: +65 6575 7575, Appointment Hospital mainline Tel: +65 6473 7222, Central Patient Assistance Centre 24-Hour Helpline: +65 6735 5000, WhatsApp us and get an appointment within 24 hours Tel: +65 8111 9777 (For specialist appointment booking only. WhatsApp messaging service is available in English and operates from Monday to Friday, 9am- 5pm.) For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Gleneagles Hospital Singapore, 6A Napier Road, Singapore 258500.