About Dr David Lye Chien Boon
Specialty: Infectious Diseases
Designation: Director (Infectious Disease Research & Training Office – NCID), Head (Training & Education Office – NCID and Singapore Infectious Disease Clinical Research Network), Associate Professor (Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine & Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, Senior Consultant
Qualification: MBBS, FRACP, FAMS, FRCP
Clinical Interests: General Infectious Diseases, Nosocomial Infections, Antimicrobial stewardship, HIV medicine, Tropical Infectious Diseases
- Dr David Lye Chien Boon (MBBS, FRACP, FAMS, FRCP) graduated from the University of Melbourne’s Faculty of Medicine on the Dean’s List in 1996 and completed specialist training in infectious diseases in 2004. He returned to Singapore in 2005 to serve at Tan Tock Seng Hospital’s (TTSH) Department of Infectious Diseases.
- Dr David Lye Chien Boon is currently a Senior Consultant at TTSH’s Department of Infectious Diseases and an Associate Professor at the National University of Singapore’s Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine and Nanyang Technological University’s Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine. Professor Lye is the Director of the Infectious Disease Research and Training Office at the National Centre for Infectious Diseases, where he also oversees the Singapore Infectious Disease Clinical Research Network (SCRN) and the Training and Education Office. From 2009 until 2018, he created and led TTSH’s Antimicrobial Stewardship Program. He is currently the chair of the National Expert Panel on Antimicrobial Stewardship. He is a member of Singapore’s National Antimicrobial Resistance Control Committee and the One Health Antimicrobial Resistance Project Team.
- Dr David Lye Chien Boon has been the primary investigator on more than SGD$8 million in research grants to date. He has over 160 peer-reviewed publications published in journals such as the Lancet, JAMA, Lancet Infectious Diseases, Lancet Global Health, Clinical Infectious Diseases, Emerging Infectious Diseases, Clinical Microbiology Infection, and Journal Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, as well as Science Translational Medicine, Nature Communications, BMC Medicine, and Journal Infectious Diseases.
- Dr David Lye Chien Boon serves as an associate editor for BMC Infectious Diseases and Scientific Reports; as a member of the editorial board for JAC-Antimicrobial Resistance; and as a member of the Editorial Advisory Board for the Journal Global Antimicrobial Resistance.
- Professor Lye is the President of both the Singapore College of Physicians and the Society of Infectious Diseases (Singapore). He is also an Assistant Master (Academic Affairs) at the Singapore Academy of Medicine. As a member of Action for AIDS’ executive committee, he is an advocate for HIV prevention.
- Professor Lye has received numerous honors, including the Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence from the National University of Singapore’s Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine in 2016; the National Healthcare Group Team Recognition Award 2017, Silver, Hospital Acquired Infection Elimination Collaborative; and the Tan Tock Seng Hospital Milestone Award 2017, Antimicrobial Stewardship Program.
Dr David Lye Chien Boon Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Phone: +65 6256 6011, General Enquiries: 6256 6011, Centralised Appointment Lines: 6357 7000, 9635 1421 (for local SMS), Billing Enquiries: 6407 8128, Emergency Department: 6357 8754, TTSH Community Fund: 6357 2500. For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH), 11 Jln Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433.