About Dr Dede Selamat Sutedja
Languages: English, Indonesian, Malay, Mandarin
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, UK
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Glasgow, UK
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore (Gastroenterology)
- Dr Dede Selamat Sutedja is a gastroenterologist with a private practice in Singapore’s Gleneagles Hospital. His clinical specialty includes the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases affecting the gastrointestinal tract, liver, and bile ducts. He is particularly skilled in the management of liver diseases, liver transplantation, and endoscopic procedures, which include the imaging of internal organs for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes.
He treats a variety of conditions, including cirrhosis of the liver, liver cancer, colorectal cancer, gastrointestinal tumors, indigestion, inflammatory bowel disease, gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GERD), and hepatitis B and C.
Dr Dede Selamat Sutedja graduated from the National University of Singapore with a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery in 1989 and became a member of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, United Kingdom, in 1993. He was then elected a fellow of the Singapore Academy of Medicine in 1999 and the Royal Colleges of Physicians of Glasgow in 2004.
- Dr Dede Selamat Sutedja was awarded two scholarships by the Singapore Ministry of Health between 1999 and 2001. He received specialist training in hepatology (liver disease management) and liver transplantation at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham, UK, as part of the first scholarship. He then completed specialized endoscopic training at the Amsterdam Medical Centre in the Netherlands in 2001.
Dr Dede worked in Singapore’s restructured hospitals for nearly two decades as a specialist in internal medicine, gastroenterology, and hepatology. Appointments included a role as a senior consultant at Singapore’s National University Hospital (NUH).
Dr Dede has written several articles for local and international medical journals, focusing on the treatment of liver diseases in particular. He has also been giving public talks on this topic.
Dr Dede Selamat Sutedja Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment and medical enquiry: +65 6575 7575, Appointment Hospital mainline Tel: +65 6473 7222, Central Patient Assistance Centre 24-Hour Helpline: +65 6735 5000, WhatsApp us and get an appointment within 24 hours Tel: +65 8111 9777 (For specialist appointment booking only. WhatsApp messaging service is available in English and operates from Monday to Friday, 9am- 5pm.) For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Gleneagles Hospital Singapore, 6A Napier Road, Singapore 258500.