About Dr Dharshini Gopalakrishnakone
Specialty / Subspecialties: Obstetrics & Gynaecology
SUBSPECIALTIES: Obstetrics & Gynaecology
AFFILIATED HOSPITALS: Kierauniv International Clinic For Women Pte Ltd.
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of London, UK
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore (Obstetrics and Gynaecology)
Education & Experience:
- Dr Dharshini Gopalakrishnakone is an obstetrician & gynaecologist at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital.
- Dr Dharshini Gopalakrishnakone is specialized in handling both natural childbirth and caesarean sections. She has specialized in gynaecological surgery (hysterectomies, myomectomies, cystectomies), laparoscopic (key-hole) procedure and has a particular interest in hysteroscopic procedures (a non-invasive procedure to surgically treat small masses inside the womb) (a non-invasive procedure to surgically treat small masses within the womb). Her clinical practice conducts intrauterine inseminations in the process of fertility treatment.
- Upon graduating from National University of Singapore (NUS) with a Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery, Dr Gopalakrishnakone subsequently went on to receive her Masters in Obstetrics and Gynaecology and became a Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, United Kingdom.
- Dr Dharshini Gopalakrishnakone was a clinical instructor and examiner with the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, at Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine in NUS. She has organized clinical skills seminars to train medical students and young doctors in obstetrics management. She was appointed chief registrar in 2011 at the National University Hospital.
- An ardent orator, Dr Dharshini Gopalakrishnakone actively participates at local and international obstetrician and gynaecology conferences. She has presented her research works at international conferences in Greece, Beijing and Kuala Lumpur. She received the first prize for oral presentation at the Singapore International Congress on Obstetrics and Gynaecology in Aug 2011 for her paper on encephalitis linked to ovarian dermoid cysts. A pro-life advocate, she has also conducted studies on the prevalence of Chlamydia Trachomatis in post-abortion females in Singapore.
Dr Dharshini Gopalakrishnakone Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): BOOK BY Tel 66940755, Fax 66946755, Orchard +65 6250 0000, Novena +65 6898 6898 & Online Appointment here.
Chamber Name & Address: Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Kierauniv International Clinic For Women Pte Ltd.
38 Irrawaddy Road #11-48, Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre, Singapore 329563.
Read: Our Health Tips
Like: Our Facebook Page