About Dr Ho Eu Chin
Designation: Senior Consultant
Qualification: MB ChB (Shef), MRCS (Eng), DOHNS (Eng), FRCS (ORL-HNS), MMed Edu (Warwick)
Clinical Interests: Diseases of the ear, Balance disorders, Hearing impairment, Tinnitus, Implantable hearing devices
- Dr Ho Eu Chin joined the TTSH Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery in November 2011. His clinical interests include chronic ear illness, hearing loss and rehabilitation, balance disorders and rehabilitation, tinnitus, and implantable hearing devices such as bone anchored hearing aids and cochlear implants.
- Since joining the department, he has established the Multi-Disciplinary Balance Clinic and Combined Hearing Clinic to provide individualized care for patients suffering from hearing, balance (including giddiness), and tinnitus issues. Together with his audiology and physiotherapy colleagues, Dr Ho Eu Chin and his team take a holistic and multi-dimensional approach to diagnosis and treatment. Dr Ho is also a member of the Deafness Clinic, where he specializes in noise-induced hearing loss.
- Dr Ho earned his medical degree from the University of Sheffield in 1999 and completed his residency in Otolaryngology in Reading and Birmingham, England. He earned an Intercollegiate Fellowship in Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons in 2008. He had previously served as a clinical observer at the House Ear Institute in Los Angeles and Stanford University.
- Dr Ho Eu Chin is an avid researcher with a particular interest in different aspects of Otolaryngology practice and teaching. His current study has concentrated on hearing impairment, specifically on ways for minimizing the disability and handicap associated with hearing impairment. He has published widely in a variety of peer-reviewed international journals and has delivered academic papers at over 35 international conferences. Dr Ho has won numerous awards, including the 2009 Ronald Grimley Award and the 2011 Combined British Universities Advanced Otology Course’s Best Temporal Bone Dissection.
- His other primary interest is medical education, for which he earned a Master of Medical Education in 2007 from the University of Warwick. He worked as co-director and core faculty on the West Midlands Emergency ENT Course and as secretary of the ENT UK CPD (Continuous Professional Development) subgroup during his stay in Birmingham.
- Dr Ho is currently the CME (Continuous Medical Education) co-ordinator for the ENT department and is actively involved in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching activities. He also serves as the Department’s Quality Review Officer and has been chosen as the ASC Chapter Champion for Otolaryngology by JCI (Joint Commission International). He is currently involved in a CPIP (Clinical Practice Improvement Program) study aimed at decreasing patient wait times in the ENT clinic.
Dr Ho Eu Chin Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Phone: +65 6256 6011, General Enquiries: 6256 6011, Centralised Appointment Lines: 6357 7000, 9635 1421 (for local SMS), Billing Enquiries: 6407 8128, Emergency Department: 6357 8754, TTSH Community Fund: 6357 2500. For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH), 11 Jln Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433.