About Dr Hobbs Christopher
Languages: English, French
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery – MBBS – Imperial College of Science, Tech. & Med, United Kingdom, 1996
- Bachelor of Science – B.Sc (Hons) – U of London, United Kingdom, 1995
- Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS) England, United Kingdom, 2000
- The Royal College of Surgeons of England – DLO (RCSEng),
- Doctor of Medicine – MD
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons – FRCS (Otorhinolaryngology)
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine – FAMS (Otorhinolaryngology)
- Dr Hobbs Christopher is an ENT expert at Gleneagles Hospital in Singapore. Thyroid and parathyroid surgery, head and neck cancer, laryngology (swallowing and airway problems, speech disorders, and persistent cough), ENT problems associated with SCUBA diving, and paediatric ENT are among his clinical interests.
Dr Hobbs Christopher completed surgical training in London, Bristol, and Birmingham and worked as a clinical research fellow for two years under the mentorship of Professor Martin Birchall, one of the world’s leading laryngeal specialists. This resulted in the grant of a medical doctorate from the University of Bristol and a Royal College of Surgeons of England Hunterian Professorship.
Dr Hobbs Christopher spent two years in Australia, where he completed Advanced Fellowship training in Head and Neck Surgery, Laryngology/Voice, and Head and Neck Oncology at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Sydney and the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre in Melbourne. Along with vast experience in adult ENT surgery, Dr Hobbs is professionally qualified in paediatric ENT, having worked at both Bristol’s Royal Hospital for Children and Birmingham’s Children’s Hospital in the United Kingdom.
- Dr Hobbs Christopher began his career in 2009 as a consultant with Western Health in Melbourne. He has been practicing in Singapore since 2011, initially as a consultant in the Department of Otorhinolaryngology at Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH), and more recently as chief of the TTSH Head & Neck Cancer service. Along with gaining board qualification from the Ministry of Health to practice as an ENT surgeon in Singapore, Dr Hobbs has been a member of the UK’s General Medical Council’s Specialist Register since 2008.
He has continued to hone his expertise in head and neck surgery after relocating to Singapore by completing advanced training in transoral robotic surgery (TORS) and robotic thyroidectomy in Hong Kong and South Korea. He was then a member of the first team at Tan Tock Seng Hospital to conduct TORS. Dr Hobbs is also professionally qualified and certified in laser surgery, endoscopic sinus surgery, coblation techniques, and sialoendoscopy.
Dr Hobbs is a dedicated researcher and educator. He has authored several publications on all facets of otolaryngology/head and neck surgery and has delivered research papers in Australia, Canada, Europe, the United States of America, and the United Kingdom. Dr Hobbs was responsible for undergraduate otolaryngology teaching at the University of Melbourne’s Western Hospital Campus and was nominated for the Tutor of the Year Award during his time there. Previously, he worked as an adjunct assistant professor at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine and as a clinical senior lecturer at Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine.
Dr Hobbs Christopher Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment and medical enquiry: +65 6575 7575, Appointment Hospital mainline Tel: +65 6473 7222, Central Patient Assistance Centre 24-Hour Helpline: +65 6735 5000, WhatsApp us and get an appointment within 24 hours Tel: +65 8111 9777 (For specialist appointment booking only. WhatsApp messaging service is available in English and operates from Monday to Friday, 9am- 5pm.) For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Gleneagles Hospital Singapore, 6A Napier Road, Singapore 258500.