About Dr How Kwang Yeong
Specialty: Colorectal Surgery
Designation: Deputy Director (Endoscopy Centre), Program Director (Surgery in General), Chair (TTSH ERAS Committee), Senior Consultant
Qualification: MBBS, MMed (Surgery), FRCS (Edinburgh), FAMS
Clinical Interests: Colorectal Surgery
- Dr How Kwang Yeong is a senior consultant surgeon in the Colorectal Service of Tan Tock Seng Hospital’s General Surgery Department.
He earned his undergraduate degree in medicine from Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (National University of Singapore) in 2007 and his postgraduate master’s degree in medicine from Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (National University of Singapore) in 2013. In 2014, he became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and was admitted to the Singapore specialist registry.
- Dr How Kwang Yeong specializes in minimally invasive colon and rectal surgery. Colorectal cancers and inflammatory bowel disease are among his research interests. Additionally, he is qualified in advanced and recurrent pelvic cancer surgery, having completed his overseas fellowship at Sydney’s Royal Prince Alfred Hospital under the direction of Professor Michael Solomon.
- Dr How Kwang Yeong is a keen proponent of Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS), a program that emphasizes evidence-based, multidisciplinary perioperative guidelines for a quicker recovery following major surgery. He was instrumental in founding the ERAS program at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, which is one of only two foreign ERAS Society-recognized Centers of Excellence in Asia. He is currently the Chair of the TTSH ERAS program and has been invited to lecture on ERAS at a number of regional conferences.
- He is also the Deputy Director of his hospital’s Endoscopy Unit and the Society of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition’s president elect (Singapore).
- Along with clinical work, he assists in the education of medical students and surgical residents. He is the Program Director for the Surgery-In-General Program and a senior clinical lecturer at both the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine and the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine at the National University of Singapore (Nanyang Technological University).
- Dr How values quality time with his family and also enjoys photography and painting in his spare time.
Dr How Kwang Yeong Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Phone: +65 6256 6011, General Enquiries: 6256 6011, Centralised Appointment Lines: 6357 7000, 9635 1421 (for local SMS), Billing Enquiries: 6407 8128, Emergency Department: 6357 8754, TTSH Community Fund: 6357 2500. For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH), 11 Jln Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433.