About Dr How Su Wei Alicia Claire
Languages: Cantonese, English, French, Indonesian, Mandarin
Fellowship and accreditation
- MBBS (Singapore)
- MRCSEd (UK, Ophthalmology)
- MMED (Singapore Ophthalmology)
- FRCEd (UK, Ophthalmology)
- FAMS (Ophthalmology)
- Dr How Su Wei Alicia Claire is a senior specialist ophthalmologist with over 16 years of medical experience. She is a Ministry of Health-accredited ophthalmologist. She is a glaucoma specialist. Dr How previously worked as a consulting ophthalmologist at the Singapore National Eye Centre’s glaucoma unit and as a visiting consultant at Changi General Hospital’s Department of Ophthalmology. Additionally, she served as an adjunct assistant professor at Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School, an adjunct clinician researcher at the Singapore Eye Research Institute, and a clinical instructor at the National University of Singapore’s Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. She is now a member of the Dr Alicia Eye Specialist team.
Dr How Su Wei Alicia Claire How graduated from the National University of Singapore with a degree in medicine. During that year, she was named to the Dean’s list for the Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery Final Professional degree and was awarded the Nestle Gold medal in Paediatrics. After passing her specialist examinations, she became a member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and gained her specialist accreditation as an ophthalmologist. She is a Fellow of both the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and the Singapore Academy of Medicine (FAMS). Dr How then followed her subspecialty interest in glaucoma at the University of Melbourne, where she conducted research on wound healing and innovative glaucoma surgical devices at the Australian Centre for Eye Research. She collaborated with world-renowned experts in this field while there. She also assisted in the treatment of glaucoma patients at Melbourne’s Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital.
Dr How Su Wei Alicia Claire has been consistently interested in science throughout her career and has written over 20 scientific papers in international peer-reviewed journals. Dr How has earned over $750,000 in research grants as principal investigator and co-investigator for her research projects. Additionally, she has been invited to deliver several lectures in her area of expertise both locally and globally, most recently at the 2011 European Vision and Eye Research Meeting and the 2012 Asia-Pacific Glaucoma Congress.
- Among her achievements are the Ministry of Health Manpower Development Programme Award (2008), the SNEC 18th Anniversary International Meeting-Best Free Paper Award (2008), the World Glaucoma Congress travel grant award (2009), the SNEC Clinician Investigator Award (2009), the SNEC Clinician Investigator Award (2009), and the Singhealth Quality Service Silver Award (2009). (2009).
Dr How Su Wei Alicia Claire has also been actively involved in voluntary work, using the skills she has been provided to benefit society. She has assisted the Buddhist Compassion Relief Tzu Chi Foundation in performing cataract surgery in Sri Lanka.
Dr How Su Wei Alicia Claire Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment and medical enquiry: +65 6575 7575, Appointment Hospital mainline Tel: +65 6473 7222, Central Patient Assistance Centre 24-Hour Helpline: +65 6735 5000, WhatsApp us and get an appointment within 24 hours Tel: +65 8111 9777 (For specialist appointment booking only. WhatsApp messaging service is available in English and operates from Monday to Friday, 9am- 5pm.) For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Gleneagles Hospital Singapore, 6A Napier Road, Singapore 258500.