About Dr Isaac Liu
Specialty: Paediatric Medicine, Paediatric Nephrology
Qualification: MBBS (S’pore), MMed (Paeds), MCI, PhD
Clinical Interest: Urinary tract infection, urinary abnormalities (blood and/or protein), voiding pattern disorders, nephrotic syndrome, glomerulonephritis (kidney inflammation), high blood pressure, genetic kidney diseases including prenatal and foetal abnormalities, and chronic kidney disease
Raffles Children’s Centre – Raffles Specialist Centre
Raffles Children’s Centre – Raffles Holland V
Raffles Juniors – Waterway Point
- Dr Isaac Liu is a board-certified pediatrician and paediatric nephrologist (kidney specialist for children) with experience doing dialysis and kidney transplantation. He earned his MBBS and Master of Medicine (Paediatric Medicine) degrees from the National University of Singapore (NUS), and is a Fellow of the United Kingdom’s Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health. He received his paediatric training at the National University Hospital (NUH) and the KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital. He then received a Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship to pursue a PhD in the subject of paediatric kidney disease.
- Dr Isaac Liu was previously a Consultant at NUH’s Division of Paediatric Nephrology, Dialysis, and Renal Transplantation and an Assistant Professor (Clinician-Investigator) at NUS’s Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine.
- Dr Liu treats infants and toddlers who are afflicted with common childhood illnesses, as well as developmental evaluations and vaccines. Dr Liu also treats children with kidney-related disorders such as recurrent urinary tract infection, urinary frequency, bedwetting problems, hypertension, nephrotic syndrome, glomerulonephritis including lupus, genetic kidney diseases including prenatal and foetal abnormalities, and chronic kidney disease.
- Dr Liu complements his clinical knowledge with research experience, having published papers in international peer-reviewed journals on pediatric renal disorders. He is co-author of a regional reference book on child renal disorders. Dr Liu has received numerous research honors for his work, including the Singapore Young Investigator Award (Basic/Translational Research), the International Paediatric Nephrology Association’s Nature Reviews Nephrology Research Award, the ExxonMobil Fellowship, and the Ministry of Health Healthcare Research Fellowship.
- Dr Isaac Liu continues to practice medicine at both Raffles Children’s Centre and Raffles Holland Village Specialists Centre, as well as serving as an Adjunct Assistant Professor at both NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine and Duke-NUS Medical School. He is also a Junior Councillor of the International Paediatric Nephrology Association, serving as Asia’s representative on the IPNA’s Best Practices and Standards Committee and on the Singapore Youth Court’s Panel of Advisors.
Dr Isaac Liu Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment Line Tel: +65 6311 1111 (Open 24 hours), General Enquiry Hotline: +65 6311 2222,Tel: +65 6311 1222 Ambulance Services Tel: +65 6311 1555 Make an enquiry if you require more information For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Raffles Hospital, 585 North Bridge Road Raffles Hospital, Singapore 188770.