About Dr J K A Jameel
Experience: 20 Yrs+
Specialty: Surgical Gastroenterologist
Qualification: MBBS, MRCS, FRCS(Eng), FRCS(Ed), FRCS(Glasg), MSc(UK), CCT(UK), FACS(USA), FICS(USA)
Clinic: Apollo Hospitals Greams Road Chennai
(05:00 PM-06:00 PM)
Apollo Hospitals Greams Road Chennai
Apollo Hospitals 21, Greams Lane, Off Greams Road Chennai 600 006 Ph:044-28290200/3333
Timing MON- SAT, MON- SAT (09:00 AM-04:00 PM)
- Spent 14 years in United Kingdom from 1999 to 2013.
- Worked as a Consultant Surgeon at MidYorkshire hospitals NHS trust, Dewsbury, United Kingdom from 2011 to 2013.
- Underwent Specialist Registrar training in the highly competitive Higher Surgical training programme in Yorkshire, United Kingdom from 2005 to 2011.
- Underwent Basic surgical training and Surgical research in London and Hull, Yorkshire from 2000 to 2005.
- Has worked in prestigious institutions in United Kingdom under internationally renowned Surgical Gastroenterologists and has extensive experience in Laparoscopic, Upper GI and Colorectal Surgery.
- Has undergone Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgical training in UK and Germany.
- Has also undergone Robotic Surgical Training in University College Hospitals, London.
- Working in Apollo Hospitals since last Assignment
Awards And Achievements
- Surgical Gastroenterologist and Minimal Access Surgeon practising at Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai and Apollo Clinic, T Nagar, Chennai.
- Graduated from Stanley Medical College, Chennai. Spent 14 years in UK and worked as a full-time Consultant Surgeon in National Health Service, UK before returning to India
- Trained in internationally renowned institutions in UK in Gastrointestinal Surgery and Laparoscopic Surgery
- Hold fellowships from Royal College of Surgeons of England, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Hold the CCT (Certificate of Completion of Training) from UK
- Underwent surgical research leading to Master of Science (MSc) degree at the University of Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
- Examiner for MRCS exams conducted by Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, UK
- Surgical tutor for Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK
- Have been an Educational Supervisor and Surgical trainer for a number of surgeons on the Yorkshire Basic and Higher Surgical training rotation, UK
- Have been conferred Fellowship in Gastrointestinal and Bariatric Surgery by the International College of Surgeons, Chicago, USA
- Have been conferred Fellowship of American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Was awarded research grant award for £1900 for research project at University of Hull, UK.
- Numerous oral and poster presentations in Scientific Conferences in UK, USA, Europe and India
- Numerous publications in national and international peer-reviewed journals (See below)
- Dr J K A Jameel is a renowned bariatric and obesity surgeon practicing in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Dr. Jameel possesses a CCT (Certificate of Completion of Training) in the United Kingdom, an achievement that only a few abroad doctors accomplish. Dr J K A Jameel has been appointed as an Examiner for the MRCS exams administered by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow in the United Kingdom. Dr J K A Jameel has also served as an Educational Supervisor and Surgical Trainer for a number of surgeons on the Yorkshire Basic and Higher Surgical training rotations in the United Kingdom. Dr J K A Jameel was awarded a Fellowship in Gastrointestinal and Bariatric Surgery by the International College of Surgeons in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America. Dr.JKA Jameel lived in the United Kingdom for 14 years, from 1999 to 2013. Dr. Jameel has extensive experience working as a Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal, Laparoscopic, and Bariatric Surgeon at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust in Dewsbury, United Kingdom (2011–2013). He also completed Specialist Registrar training in the highly competitive Higher Surgical training program in Yorkshire, United Kingdom (2005 to 2011). Dr J K A Jameel trained in general surgery and conducted surgical research in London and Hull, Yorkshire (2000 to 2005). Dr J K A Jameel has vast experience in Laparoscopic and Gastrointestinal Surgery having worked in top facilities in the United Kingdom under internationally renowned Surgical Gastroenterologists. Dr. Jameel has received training in laparoscopic bariatric surgery in the United Kingdom and Germany, as well as robotic surgery at University College Hospitals in London. Since his last assignment, Dr. JKA Jameel has been employed with Apollo Hospitals.
Dr J K A Jameel Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): +91 44 2829 3333, For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Apollo Hospital Chennai, Greams Lane, 21, Greams Rd, Thousand Lights, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600006, India.