About Dr J K A Jameel
Experience: 20 Yrs+
Specialty: Surgical Gastroenterologist
Qualification: MBBS, MRCS, FRCS(Eng), FRCS(Ed), FRCS(Glasg), MSc(UK), CCT(UK), FACS(USA), FICS(USA)
Clinic: Apollo Hospitals Greams Road Chennai
MON- SAT, MON- SAT
(09:00 AM-04:00 PM)
Apollo Hospitals Greams Road Chennai
Apollo Hospitals 21, Greams Lane, Off Greams Road Chennai 600 006 Ph:044-28290200/3333
Timing MON- SAT, MON- SAT (09:00 AM-04:00 PM)
- Spent 14 years in United Kingdom from 1999 to 2013.
- Worked as a Consultant Surgeon at MidYorkshire hospitals NHS trust, Dewsbury, United Kingdom from 2011 to 2013.
- Underwent Specialist Registrar training in the highly competitive Higher Surgical training programme in Yorkshire, United Kingdom from 2005 to 2011.
- Underwent Basic surgical training and Surgical research in London and Hull, Yorkshire from 2000 to 2005.
- Has worked in prestigious institutions in United Kingdom under internationally renowned Surgical Gastroenterologists and has extensive experience in Laparoscopic, Upper GI and Colorectal Surgery.
- Has undergone Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgical training in UK and Germany.
- Has also undergone Robotic Surgical Training in University College Hospitals, London.
- Working in Apollo Hospitals since last Assignment
Awards And Achievements
- Surgical Gastroenterologist and Minimal Access Surgeon practising at Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai and Apollo Clinic, T Nagar, Chennai.
- Graduated from Stanley Medical College, Chennai. Spent 14 years in UK and worked as a full-time Consultant Surgeon in National Health Service, UK before returning to India
- Trained in internationally renowned institutions in UK in Gastrointestinal Surgery and Laparoscopic Surgery
- Hold fellowships from Royal College of Surgeons of England, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Hold the CCT (Certificate of Completion of Training) from UK
- Underwent surgical research leading to Master of Science (MSc) degree at the University of Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
- Examiner for MRCS exams conducted by Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, UK
- Surgical tutor for Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK
- Have been an Educational Supervisor and Surgical trainer for a number of surgeons on the Yorkshire Basic and Higher Surgical training rotation, UK
- Have been conferred Fellowship in Gastrointestinal and Bariatric Surgery by the International College of Surgeons, Chicago, USA
- Have been conferred Fellowship of American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Was awarded research grant award for £1900 for research project at University of Hull, UK.
- Numerous oral and poster presentations in Scientific Conferences in UK, USA, Europe and India
- Numerous publications in national and international peer-reviewed journals (See below)
- Dr J K A Jameel graduated from Stanley Medical College in Chennai, India and spent approximately 14 years training and working in the United Kingdom. His postgraduate surgical training took place in Yorkshire, United Kingdom, where he completed two years of basic surgical training, two years of surgical oncology research, and six years of advanced surgical training, with a focus on gastroenterology, laparoscopic surgery, and bariatric surgery.
- His advanced surgical training encompassed a range of sophisticated upper gastrointestinal, bariatric, and colorectal surgical procedures, with a focus on minimal access surgery, at some of the leading facilities in the United Kingdom. Dr J K A Jameel received the CCT (certificate of complete completion of UK training) in February 2011 and worked for nearly two years as a Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal, Laparoscopic, and Bariatric Surgeon in the English National Health Service before returning to India.
- Dr J K A Jameel has also received training in robotic surgery at the University College Hospitals in London. He has had the honor of training with nationally and internationally renowned Surgical Gastroenterologists, Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeons.
- Dr J K A Jameel is a Fellow of the Edinburgh Royal College of Surgeons and the Glasgow Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons. Additionally, he is a Fellow of the International College of Surgeons, Chicago, USA, in Gastrointestinal and Bariatric Surgery.
- Additionally, Dr J K A Jameel holds a Master’s degree (MSc) from the University of Hull in East Yorkshire. He has trained a lot of surgeons on the Yorkshire basic and higher surgical training programmes as a Consultant Surgeon in the United Kingdom. He is now an examiner for the Royal College Of Surgeons’ Intercollegiate MRCS exams.
- Dr J K A Jameel has presented at a number of surgical conferences around Europe, the United States of America, and Asia. Additionally, he has a number of peer-reviewed works published in foreign journals to his credit.
Dr J K A Jameel Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): +91 44 2829 3333, For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Apollo Hospital Chennai, Greams Lane, 21, Greams Rd, Thousand Lights, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600006, India.