About Dr Kelvin Tan Guoping
Specialty: Orthopaedic Surgery
Qualification: MBBS (S’pore), MRCS (Edin), M.Med (Ortho), FRCS (Edin) (Ortho)
Clinical Interests: Robotics and Computer Navigated Hip/Knee Replacement
Complex and Revision Hip/Knee Surgeries
Impaction bone grafting
Anterior Approach Hip Replacement
- Dr Kelvin Tan Guoping is a Singapore-trained Orthopaedic Consultant Surgeon with the Tan Tock Seng Hospital’s Adult Reconstruction Service. He completed his postgraduate specialist training in Orthopaedic Surgery in 2015 and was inducted into the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh as a Fellow. He is also a Singapore Specialist Accreditation Board member.
- Dr Kelvin Tan Guoping completed an international orthopaedic fellowship in 2017 in Brisbane, Australia, under the supervision of renowned orthopaedic Professor Ross Crawford. His training has focused on robotic assisted joint replacements, primary and revision hip and knee reconstruction, complex hip reconstruction, including impaction bone grafting for failed hip replacements/congenital hip dysplasia, and peri-prosthetic fracture fixation.
- Dr Kelvin Tan Guoping’s present practice focuses on hip and knee replacement using cutting-edge technology such as robotics and computer navigation, as well as unicompartmental (partial) knee replacement. Dr Kelvin is highly knowledgeable in the various hip replacement methods, including the Direct Anterior Approach (DAA) for complete hip replacement.
- Dr. Kelvin presently serves as the Clinical Champion for the TTSH Knee Replacement Clinical Pathway and as the chair of the ERAS Knee Replacement Taskforce. He is a big proponent of ERAS following knee replacements, having implemented numerous guidelines to improve patient experience and outcomes following knee replacement procedures despite the shorter hospital stay. He led a team of surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses, and allied health professionals to Scotland’s Royal Jubilee Hospital and the United Kingdom’s Norfolk and Norwich Hospital in 2019 as part of the prestigious Ministry of Health HMDP Scholarship to strengthen our ERAS protocols in this region.
- Apart from clinical work, Dr Kelvin maintains academic appointments at the National University of Singapore’s (NUS) Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine and the Nanyang Technological University’s (NTU) Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (NTU). He was named Adjunct Assistant Professor by NUS in 2020 and also serves as a member of the Core Clinical Faculty and the Clinical Competencies Committee of the National Healthcare Group Orthopaedic Residency Program, training the future generation of orthopaedic surgeons in Singapore.
- Dr Kelvin is an academic with a strong emphasis on research and academic work. He has been published globally in peer-reviewed medical journals, has given presentations both locally and globally, and has been invited to teach and practice his hip and knee surgery techniques both locally and globally. Additionally, he is a trained robotic trainer.
Dr Kelvin Tan Guoping Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Phone: +65 6256 6011, General Enquiries: 6256 6011, Centralised Appointment Lines: 6357 7000, 9635 1421 (for local SMS), Billing Enquiries: 6407 8128, Emergency Department: 6357 8754, TTSH Community Fund: 6357 2500. For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH), 11 Jln Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433.