About Dr Kodeeswaran Marappan
Experience: 8 Yrs+
Qualification: M.ch[Neurosurgery], MRCS(I), MBBS
Clinic: Apollo Firstmed Hospital
(01:00 PM-02:00 PM)
Apollo Firstmed Hospital
Apollo First Med Hospitals 154, P H Road, Chennai 600 010 PH:044-2821 1111/ 2222
Timing MON- SAT (01:00 PM-02:00 PM)
- Duringmy Postgraduatetraining at Stanley medical college(Tertiary carehospital) -Stanleymedical collegeis a 1200 beddedtertiary careteaching hospital with all specialities and superspecialities.
- Department of Neurosurgery in Stanleymedical college hospital provides roundtheclock emergencyneurosurgical care. Thedepartment is having separate male, female,pediatric,
- Dedicated Neurosurgery ICU,and Post op wards.Thedepartment runs 24hrs Head injury service.Department conducts outpatient clinic 3 daysperweek and 3 elective operation theatre daysper week.
- I rotated throughSurgical andmedical specialities (General Surgery/Accident &Emergency/ Head injury unit/NeuroIntensiveUnit/Neurolo/Neuroanatomy&Neuropathology)
- § Mypost involvesmanagingin patients,making decisionsbased on day-to-day progress of patients and doing Neurosurgery.At outPatient clinics,I examine new and old patients.
- § Mypost involvesdoingall typeof emergency Neurosurgical procedures with senior supervision if required and assisting ball type of Neurosurgical electiveprocedures, and doing elective procedures with senior supervision if required.
- § I alsodidSpecialityClinics like Stroke,Epilepsy § Duringmyoncall days, I am responsible for admission of all Acute Headinjury patients from A&E and GP referrals. Mypost involves critical decision-making, liais on with specialist departments and performing oncall emergency Neurosurgical care procedures
- with senior supervision if required.
- § The job therefore involves sound decision-making and constant interaction with other members of the team. This experience has given me the confidence towork efficiently in a strong multidisciplinary team.
Awards And Achievements
- “A case of multiple cerebrospinal cavernous haemangioma- Neuro update 2006 &Neuroendoscopy workshop – Held in NIMHANS,Bangalore,India. in April 2006
- FIRSTCLASS AGGREGATEinMch(Neurosurgery) Part 1&Part2UniversityExaminations, 2004,2006 at Stanleymedical college, TheTamilnadu DrMGRmedical University,Chennai, India.
FIRSTCLASS AGGREGATEinPathology,Microbiology, Medicine,Surgery, ENT MBBSUniversityexaminations atMadrasmedical college(1995-2001),TheTamilnadu Dr MGRmedicalUniversity,Chennai, India.
- Our senior consultant brain and spine surgeon is Dr Kodeeswaran Marappan.Dr Kodeeswaran Marappan has performed over 3000 brain and spine procedures as a pioneer in minimally invasive spine surgery. He has presented over a hundred research papers at national and international meetings. He has conducted over 25 guest lectures in various training programs as an experienced professor of neurosurgery.
Dr Kodeeswaran Marappan Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): +91 44 2829 3333, For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Apollo Hospital Chennai, Greams Lane, 21, Greams Rd, Thousand Lights, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600006, India.