About Dr Lee Kang Hoe
Specialty: Respiratory Medicine
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, University of Cambridge, UK
- Masters, University of Cambridge, UK
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians, UK
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore
- Diploma in Intensive Care Medicine, UK
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, UK
- Dr Lee Kang Hoe is a respiratory physician who practices at Singapore’s Gleneagles Hospital. Clinically, he is interested in critical care and liver transplantation. Along with liver failure and pneumonia, he treats acute sepsis with multi-organ failure and patients on ventilators or recovering from liver transplantation.
Dr Lee Kang Hoe earned a bachelor’s degree in chemistry from the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom. He was a scholar at Jesus College, Cambridge, and a Duckworth Prize laureate. He also obtained financial assistance from Malaysia’s Kuok Foundation for his medical studies. Dr Lee completed an internship at Addenbrooke’s Hospital with Professor Sir Roy Calne and completed his general medicine training in Cambridge before moving to Singapore.
In 1990, he entered the National University Hospital’s (NUH) Department of Medicine in Singapore. Dr Lee Kang Hoe completed his Fellowship in Critical Care Medicine from 1993 to 1995 at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) in the United States, where he was named Fellow of the Year in 1994. Dr Lee conducted studies on acute lung injury at UPMC with Professor Michael Pinsky from 1994 to 1995.
- Dr Lee Kang Hoe returned to Singapore and worked at the National University of Singapore as a lecturer and associate professor (NUS). He was also the medical director of the NUH’s intensive care unit, where he pioneered the liver dialysis program in 2000.
Dr Lee worked at NUS until 2005, when he accepted a position as director of the intensive care unit at Gleneagles Hospital in Singapore. He has also collaborated with the Asian Centre for Liver Diseases and Transplantation (ACLDT), which is also known as the Asian American Medical Group. Dr Lee has extended the liver dialysis program to include other equipment and has assisted in the establishment of a dedicated liver intensive care unit, where he has been involved in the treatment of patients with liver failure and those undergoing liver transplantation.
Dr Lee was one of the Society of Intensive Care Medicine’s founding members and continues to serve on the Society’s Specialist Training Committee for Intensive Care Medicine.
He has authored several publications in the critical care and liver transplantation fields and has collaborated on numerous research protocols with scientists at NUS and A*STAR.
Dr Lee Kang Hoe Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment and medical enquiry: +65 6575 7575, Appointment Hospital mainline Tel: +65 6473 7222, Central Patient Assistance Centre 24-Hour Helpline: +65 6735 5000, WhatsApp us and get an appointment within 24 hours Tel: +65 8111 9777 (For specialist appointment booking only. WhatsApp messaging service is available in English and operates from Monday to Friday, 9am- 5pm.) For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Gleneagles Hospital Singapore, 6A Napier Road, Singapore 258500.