About Dr Leong Hoo Kwong
Specialty: Ears, Nose & Throat (Otorhinolaryngology)
Tel: 6251 6630
Clinic: Nobel ENT Centre
Mount Alvernia Hospital
820 Thomson Road
Medical Centre A #05-02
8.30am to 5.30pm (Mon-Fri)
8.30am to 12.30pm (Sat)
- Dr Leong Hoo Kwong graduated from the National University of Singapore on a Public Service Commission-sponsored undergraduate scholarship. He received numerous medals and book prizes during his college years for being the top student in Biochemistry, Pharmacology, and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Additionally, he was awarded a medal for being the highest scoring student in the Final MBBS Examination.
- Dr Leong Hoo Kwong served as a medical officer in the Singapore Armed Forces after completing his internship, attaining the rank of Captain. He passed the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons’ Primary Surgical Fellowship Examination and was awarded the Howard-Eddey Medal for being the top candidate in Southeast Asia. In 1988, he passed the Surgical Fellowship Final Examination and was awarded the Surgical Fellowship. He completed his advanced training in 1990, after working in many public hospitals’ surgical and ENT departments. He was a recipient of the Ministry of Health’s Overseas Advanced Subspecialty Training Scholarship. He trained with Professor Michel Portmann in Bordeaux, France, and Professor Ugo Fisch in Zurich, Switzerland, between 1990 and 1991. These are internationally recognized centers of expertise in the fields of otology (middle ear surgery), neuro-otology (inner ear surgery), and microscopic skull base surgery.
- Dr Leong Hoo Kwong was appointed Senior Lecturer and Consultant at the University Department of Otolaryngology at the National University Hospital upon his return to Singapore. He has authored a number of scholarly articles that have been published in both national and international medical journals. He has also presented numerous speeches, lectures, and research findings at national and international conferences. He also contributed a chapter to a textbook named Operative Otorhinolaryngology on ear surgery. His most satisfying accomplishment, however, was in teaching and mentoring younger doctors at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Dr Leong Hoo Kwong is also an active member of the Singapore Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Society, serving on its executive committee for several years. He was the first Vice Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Otorhinolaryngology Chapter of the Singapore College of Surgeons. He has been an active member of the Prospere Meniere’s Society, an international organization dedicated to the research and promotion of ear disease therapy, for many years. Dr Leong Hoo Kwong’s practice encompasses all aspects of ENT care, both medical and surgical. He is particularly interested in and knowledgeable about the following areas:
- Otology and Neuro-otology (middle and inner medicine and surgery) include ear and cochlear implants, as well as microscopic lateral skull base surgery.
- Sinonasal and skull base endoscopic surgery
- Allergies to the Ear, Nose, and Throat
- Adults and children can be treated for snoring and sleep disordered breathing.
- Pediatric Otolaryngology (children)
- Surgery for Head and Neck Tumors
- Dr Leong Hoo Kwong is married and the father of two children. Additionally, he enjoys singing (as a member of the Singing Doctors Society, which hosts charity performances), tennis, and skiing with his family and friends. • Recipient of multiple medals and book prizes for being the highest student in various topics and the Final MBBS Examination; recipient of a Public Service Commission undergraduate scholarship.
- • Awarded the Howard-Eddey Medal for being the top candidate in Southeast Asia upon completion of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons’ Primary Surgical Fellowship Examination.
- • Trained in otology (middle ear surgery), neuro-otology (inner ear surgery), and microscopic skull base surgery with Professor Michel Portmann in Bordeaux, France and Professor Ugo Fisch in Zurich, Switzerland – centers of international excellence for otology (middle ear surgery), neuro-otology (inner ear surgery), and microscopic skull base surgery.
- • Served as a Senior Lecturer and Consultant in the University of Nebraska Medical Center’s Department of Otolaryngology.
- • Published multiple academic articles and presented research findings at national and international conferences as a speaker, lecturer, and presenter.
Dr Leong Hoo Kwong Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment Line Tel: +65 6347 6688 (Open 24 hours), If you require any urgent assistance, please contact us at +65 6347 6688. For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Mount Alvernia Hospital, 820 Thomson Road, Singapore 574623.