About Dr Lim Ming Yann
Designation: Deputy Head of Department, Senior Consultant
Qualification: MBBS (Melbourne), MRCS (Eng,Glasg),
DOHNS (Eng) MMed (ORL),
Clinical Interests: Head & Neck Cancer, General ENT
- Dr Lim Ming Yann graduated with a master’s degree in medicine (MBBS) from the University of Melbourne in Australia.
- He completed his surgical training in the United Kingdom and earned his MRCS (Royal College of Surgeons of England) in 2003. He developed an interest in the Ear Nose and Throat specialty and acquired early experience in a number of London hospitals, including the Royal Free and the Royal National Ear Nose and Throat Hospital. He later completed a residency in Ear, Nose, and Throat (Otolaryngology) surgery in Singapore in 2008. He was given the College of Surgeons Gold Medal for the best performing advanced surgical trainee in Otolaryngology during the 2013 exit test by the Academy of Medicine in Singapore. He was also given the renowned Ministry of Health Fellowship for fellowship training, which he completed in 2014 at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas.
- Dr Lim Ming Yann has a subspecialty interest in thyroid, tongue, laryngeal (voice box), nasopharyngeal (nose), and pharyngeal (throat) malignancies. Additionally, he treats ear, sinus, and skin malignancies. He is a firm believer that the following head and neck care concepts have an impact on the final clinical result of patients and sets a high premium on them in his clinical practice:
- Individualized approach: each individual is unique
- Individuals’ holistic perspectives and total health management
- Encouragement and the support of family and friends
- Medicine founded on evidence
- Surgeons with meticulous attention to detail and postoperative care that is second to none
- Multidisciplinary approach to care (Surgeons working with reconstructive surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation specialists, radiologists, pathologists, dentists, speech and swallowing therapists and dieticians)
- Apart from clinical care,Dr Lim Ming Yann is an active researcher with numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals. Additionally, he believes in educating and training the future generation of physicians. He is currently a member of the Core Faculty for the National Healthcare Group’s Otolaryngology residency program and is actively involved in the surgical training of Otolaryngology residents (NHG). He is also a Senior Clinical Lecturer at the National University of Singapore’s medical school and a Core Tutor at the Lee Kong Chian/National University of Singapore’s medical school.
Dr Lim Ming Yann Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Phone: +65 6256 6011, General Enquiries: 6256 6011, Centralised Appointment Lines: 6357 7000, 9635 1421 (for local SMS), Billing Enquiries: 6407 8128, Emergency Department: 6357 8754, TTSH Community Fund: 6357 2500. For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH), 11 Jln Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433.