About Dr Lim Poh Lian
Specialty: Infectious Diseases
Designation: Director (High Level Isolation Unit (HLIU), National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID)), Senior Consultant
Qualification: BA (Harvard), MD (Columbia), MPH (Tulane), ABIM (IM, ID), FAMS
Clinical Interests: Emerging infections, Travel & Tropical Medicine, HIV medicine, Public Health Preparedness, General Infections
- Dr Lim Poh Lian earned a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry from Harvard, a medical degree from Columbia, and a master’s degree in public health from Tulane. She completed an internal medicine residency at Beth Israel Hospital and a fellowship in infectious disease at Tulane University in New Orleans.
- Dr Lim Poh Lian is board-certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases in the United States of America. She is a Fellow of the Singapore Academy of Medicine, a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons’ Faculty of Travel Medicine, and is ASTMH and ISTM certified in tropical and travel medicine.
- Dr Lim Poh Lian is currently a Senior Consultant at Tan Tock Seng Hospital’s Department of Infectious Diseases and the Head of the Travelers’ Health & Vaccination Clinic (THVC). She is a Senior Consultant in the Ministry of Health’s Division of Communicable Diseases, chairs the National Antimicrobial Taskforce, and is an active member of the WHO Global Outbreak Alert and Response Network (GOARN). She is an Adjunct Associate Professor at the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine and a Clinical Senior Lecturer at the NUS Faculty of Medicine.
- Dr Lim is passionate about travel and tropical medicine, emerging infection epidemics, HIV care, and infectious illnesses in general. She relocated to Singapore in 2003 from a thriving private practice in Seattle. She was awarded the National Day Commendation Medal and the Courage Star for her service during the SARS pandemic.
- Dr Lim is the site director for GeoSentinel in Singapore (a joint project of the US CDC and ISTM). Several multinational research studies – Esprit, Treat Asia/TAHOD, Artemis, and SECONDLINE – and START, Encore, and Altair – have included me as a site principal investigator. She has been published in a number of peer-reviewed journals, including the New England Journal of Medicine, Clinical Infectious Disease, Emerging Infectious Diseases, HIV Medicine, Journal of Travel Medicine, and PLoS One.
Dr Lim Poh Lian Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Phone: +65 6256 6011, General Enquiries: 6256 6011, Centralised Appointment Lines: 6357 7000, 9635 1421 (for local SMS), Billing Enquiries: 6407 8128, Emergency Department: 6357 8754, TTSH Community Fund: 6357 2500. For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH), 11 Jln Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433.