About Dr Lim Wei Kheong Jimmy
Languages: Cantonese, English, Hokkien, Mandarin
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, Singapore
- Master of Medicine (Ophthalmology), Singapore
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (Ophthalmology), UK
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (Ophthalmology), UK
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore (Ophthalmology)
- Dr Lim Wei Kheong Jimmy is an ophthalmologist and eye surgeon in Singapore, where he practices at Gleneagles Hospital. He is board certified in cataract surgery, refractive surgery (LASIK), treatment of corneal diseases, and general ophthalmology.
Dr Lim previously worked as a senior consultant and Deputy Head of Cornea and Refractive Surgery at the National Healthcare Group Eye Institute at Tan Tock Seng Hospital for over 17 years, delivering high-quality eye care to both local and international patients.
Dr Lim Wei Kheong Jimmy completed a clinical fellowship at the prestigious Baylor College of Medicine in the United States under the tutelage of Professor Douglas Koch, Professor Stephen Pflugfelder, Associate Professor Hamill Bowes, and Dr Mitchell Weikert after being awarded the Health Manpower Development Program (HMDP) scholarship by the Ministry of Health in 2011. He also completed a fellowship with Professor Theo Seiler at Zurich’s Institute for Refractive and Ophthalmic Surgery.
- Dr Lim Wei Kheong Jimmy is passionate about preparing and educating junior ophthalmologists, as well as medical science. His research interests include intraocular lens calculations in extremely myopic eyes, astigmatic corrections in cataract surgery, post-refractive cataract surgery outcomes, refractive surgery outcomes, visual function assessment, dry eye treatment, and corneal infection therapeutics. He has since developed a patent for the evaluation of visual function, and his written works have been published in a number of prestigious peer-reviewed journals.
Dr Lim has been invited to speak as a keynote speaker at several regional and international conferences, where he shares his experience and knowledge. He has authored book chapters and is a postgraduate medical test examiner. His contributions were recognized internationally in 2012, when he received the inaugural Baylor College of Medicine Fellow Teaching Award in Houston, Texas.
Dr Lim Wei Kheong Jimmy Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment and medical enquiry: +65 6575 7575, Appointment Hospital mainline Tel: +65 6473 7222, Central Patient Assistance Centre 24-Hour Helpline: +65 6735 5000, WhatsApp us and get an appointment within 24 hours Tel: +65 8111 9777 (For specialist appointment booking only. WhatsApp messaging service is available in English and operates from Monday to Friday, 9am- 5pm.) For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Gleneagles Hospital Singapore, 6A Napier Road, Singapore 258500.