About Dr Lui Hock Foong
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians of London, UK
- Fellow of the Royal College Of Physicians of Edinburgh, UK
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore (Gastroenterology)
- Gastroenterology/Hepatology Advanced Specialist Training, Lister Postgraduate Institute, UK
- Dr Lui Hock Foong is a gastroenterologist who practices at Singapore’s Gleneagles Hospital. He is an expert in digestive disorders and liver transplantation for patients suffering from liver cancer or liver failure.
Dr Lui Hock Foong completed his postgraduate training in Internal Medicine with the Ministry of Health in Singapore following his graduation from NUS in 1990, before moving to the United Kingdom for his advanced specialty training. Dr Lui completed his gastroenterology and hepatology training at the Lister Postgraduate Institute, the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, the Scottish Liver Transplant Unit, and the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital (London).
His current practice focuses on the treatment of common and complex digestive tract and liver disorders, including diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy. His special interests include advanced liver cirrhosis and liver transplantation. He is also the Medical Director of the Mount Elizabeth Liver Transplant Program, a member of the Sing-Kobe Transplant Centre, a visiting consultant at Singapore General Hospital (Liver Transplantation and Gastroenterology and Hepatology), and a visiting consultant at the Kobe International Foundation Medical Center in Kobe, Japan.
- Dr Lui Hock Foong is involved in a variety of gastroenterology-related local and international forums. He is the chairman of the National Foundation for Digestive Diseases, the secretary of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore’s Chapter of Gastroenterology, a member of the Asia Pacific Association for the Study of the Liver’s Working Party on Portal Hypertension, and a member of the Ministry of Health (Singapore) Working Party on Hepatitis B and Hepatocellular Carcinoma. He served two terms as scientific chairman of the Singapore Gastroenterological Society.
Dr Lui Hock Foong Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment and medical enquiry: +65 6575 7575, Appointment Hospital mainline Tel: +65 6473 7222, Central Patient Assistance Centre 24-Hour Helpline: +65 6735 5000, WhatsApp us and get an appointment within 24 hours Tel: +65 8111 9777 (For specialist appointment booking only. WhatsApp messaging service is available in English and operates from Monday to Friday, 9am- 5pm.) For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Gleneagles Hospital Singapore, 6A Napier Road, Singapore 258500.