About Dr Mohamed Zehran Saipillai
Experience: 15 Yrs+
Specialty: Medical Oncologist
Qualification: MBBS, MRCP (UK), FRCR (Clinical Oncology), FRCP (Edin), FRCP (Glasg)
Clinic: Apollo Hospitals Greams Road Chennai
(09:00 AM-05:30 PM)
Apollo Hospitals Greams Road Chennai
Apollo Hospitals 21, Greams Lane, Off Greams Road Chennai 600 006 Ph:044-28290200/3333
Timing MON- SAT (09:00 AM-05:30 PM)
- Dr Zehran completed his MBBS at the Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai in 2003. He then went to the United Kingdom for further education and training where he spent over 13 years.
- He initially trained as a General Physician and was awarded the MRCP (UK) by the Royal College of Physicians and then joined the very sought-after Clinical Oncology Training Programme at The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre NHS Foundation Trust, a reputed tertiary Oncology Centre near Liverpool.
- Dr Zehran spent five years being dual trained in Radiation Oncology and Systemic Treatments (including Chemotherapy, Targeted / Biological Treatments, Hormone Therapy and Immunotherapy). He successfully completed the FRCR examinations ahead of time during his training.
- He was then appointed as a Consultant Clinical Oncologist at The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre where he spent 3 years prior to relocating back to Chennai for family reasons.
- Dr Zehran served as one of the youngest Examiners for the Final FRCR Examinations in Clinical Oncology at the Royal College of Radiologists in London and spent 3 years in that role.
Awards And Achievements
- Examiner for the Final FRCR Examination at The Royal College of Radiologists’ Faculty of Clinical Oncology – 2013 to 2016
- Chief Organiser of The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre Final FRCR Clinical Oncology Mock Exam – 2013 to 2017
- Royal College of Radiologists’ Tutor for the Merseyside Clinical Oncology Training Programme – 2014 to 2016
- Educational and Clinical Supervisor for the Merseyside Clinical Oncology Training Programme – 2013 to 2016
- Dr Mohamed Zehran Saipillai is a Medical Oncologist with 18 years of expertise. Dr Mohamed Zehran Saipillai earned his MBBS in 2003 from Madras Medical College in Chennai, his MRCP in 2007 from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, and his FRCR – Clinical Oncology in 2012 from the Royal College of Radiologist (Faculty of Oncology).
- Dr Mohamed Zehran Saipillai is an Indian Medical Association member (IMA). The doctor’s services include osteosarcoma treatment, PICC line insertion, cancer treatment, hormone therapy for breast cancer, and melanoma treatment, among others.
Dr Mohamed Zehran Saipillai Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): +91 44 2829 3333, For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Apollo Hospital Chennai, Greams Lane, 21, Greams Rd, Thousand Lights, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600006, India.