About Dr Muralidharan V
Experience: 18 Yrs+
Specialty: Spine SurgeonOrthopaedic Surgeon
Qualification: MRCS(Ed) MCh(Orth)FRCS(Tr&Orth)Fellowship in Spine Surgery (Nottingham)
Clinic: Apollo Hospitals Greams Road Chennai
(09:00 AM-11:00 AM)
Apollo Hospitals Greams Road Chennai
Apollo Hospitals 21, Greams Lane, Off Greams Road Chennai 600 006 Ph:044-28290200/3333
Timing MON- SAT (09:00 AM-11:00 AM)
- Dr. Muralidharan is a fellowship trained spine surgeon who has extensive experience in the management of spinal disorders. He undertook specialized training in adult and pediatric spinal problems at world renowned Spine Institute Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK, for a period of two years. Thereafter, he undertook three short-term visiting spine surgery fellowships at other world renowned spine units Bordeaux (France), Ganga Hospital (India) and Royal Orthopaedic Hospital (UK) and was trained with best spinal surgeons.
- With 13 years of experience at National Health Service (NHS) in United Kingdom (UK), Dr. Muralidharan has proved to be an expert in spine surgery delivering high quality of patient care through evidence-based medical practice.
- His practice involves all aspects of spinal care with comprehensive treatment for cervical (neck), thoracic (upper back) and lumbosacral (lower back) spinal conditions.
- Dr. Muralidharan has specialized in Adult and Paediatric Spine Surgery, Scoliosis Surgery, Advanced Spinal Reconstruction, Complex Spine Surgery and Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery. He has a special interest in Non-Fusion Scoliosis Correction Surgeries (Vertebral Body Tethering), Minimally Invasive Lateral Lumbar Fusion Surgeries, Endoscopic and Robotic Spine Surgeries.
- He is an academic spine surgeon and active participant in workshops and spinal conferences around the world. This experience and learning provides him with immense knowledge, skills, and insights about the domain he is serving as a specialist.
Awards And Achievements
- Arthritis Research UK Young Investigator Award – for work on ‘Serum Lactate as Predictor of Mortality in Hip Fracture Patients’ at British Orthopaedic Association Congress in 2013. First Indian National to win this award.
- Mark Honey Research Prize – for work on ‘ Inadvertent Surgical Resection of Soft Tissue Sarcomas’ for the year 2012.
- Foxtrot Grant – for work on ‘Qualitative Research on Patient Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs)’ in 2014.
- AO Spine Educational Videos Content Review Process – Invited Participant 2016.
- Site Co-ordinator of AO-Spine Sponsored – ‘Prospective Observational European Multi-Centre Study on the Efficacy of Acute Surgical Decompression after Traumatic Spinal Cord injury’- The SCI-POEM Study 2017.
- Director Globus Academic Fellowship Program – 2019
- Mentor/Trainer International FRCS Ortho Program – 2020
- Scoliosis Research Society- Global Outreach Committee – Executive Member 2021 -2023
- AOSpine Indian Subcontinent (SIN) Delegate Council – Executive Member 2021-2023
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSI) Educational Committee (2021)
- Invited Faculty in Various National and International Meetings/Workshops.
- Dr Muralidharan V has over 18 years of experience as an Orthopedic and Spine Surgeon.
Dr Muralidharan V is a member of the Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSI), the Indian Spine Society (MISSI), the British Association of Spine Surgeons (BASS), the North American Spine Society (NASS), the Indian Orthopaedic Association (IOA), the Tamil Nadu Orthopaedic Association (TNOA), and the Indian Medical Association (IMA).
Dr Muralidharan V received the prestigious Arthritis Research UK Investigator Award 2013 at the British Orthopaedic Association Congress, the Mark Honey Research Prize 2012 from the East Midlands Sarcoma Service’s research committee (UK), and the Foxtrot Grant for qualitative research in 2014 from the University Hospitals of Leicester’s research committee (UK).
- Dr Muralidharan V possesses expertise in a variety of domains, including the comprehensive treatment of cervical (neck), thoracic (upper back), and lumbosacral (lower back) spinal disorders.
- Additionally, Dr Muralidharan V has authored numerous works for national and international magazines.
Dr Muralidharan V Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): +91 44 2829 3333, For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Apollo Hospital Chennai, Greams Lane, 21, Greams Rd, Thousand Lights, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600006, India.