About Dr N Ramakrishnan
Experience: 25 Yrs+
Specialty: Critical Care Specialist
Qualification: MD, MMM, FACP, FCCP, FCCM
Clinic: Apollo Hospitals Greams Road Chennai
(11:00 AM-12:00 PM)
Apollo Hospitals Greams Road Chennai
Apollo Hospitals 21, Greams Lane, Off Greams Road Chennai 600 006 Ph:044-28290200/3333
Timing MON- SAT (11:00 AM-12:00 PM)
- Senior Consultant in Critical Care & Sleep Medicine & Director, Critical Care Services, Apollo Hospitals (From 2003 till date)
- Senior Consultant in Sleep Medicine & Director, Nithra Institute of Sleep Sciences (From 2004 till date)
- Tele-Intensivist & Medical Director, Advanced ICU Care, USA (From 2010 till date)
Awards And Achievements
- Past Vice Chancellor, Indian College of Critical Care Medicine
- Past President, Indian Sleep Disorders Association
- Best Doctor Award, Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University
- Best Doctor Award, Indian Medical Association
- Presidential Citation Award, Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Professional Excellence Award in Healthcare from Rotary International
- Acharya Award for excellence as a Teacher
- Young Achiever Award from Vaishnav Group of Institutions
- ‘Best of Best’ Award for Evidence based critical care nutrition practice
- Dr N Ramakrishnan is a board-certified specialist in internal medicine, critical care medicine, and sleep medicine with a Master’s degree in medical management from the University of Southern California. He is currently the Director of Critical Care Services and a Senior Consultant in Critical Care and Sleep Medicine at Apollo Hospitals in Chennai.
- Dr N Ramakrishnan graduated from Stanley Medical College in Madras and spent the next 13 years working in the United Kingdom and the United States of America before returning to India in 2003 with the goal of’making a difference’. He was crucial in the development of Chennai Critical Care Consultants (www.icuconsultants.com), a group of critical care professionals in private practice. Additionally, specialized, innovative Tele ICU services are available to care for critically sick patients anywhere and at any time (www.inteleicu.com). Additionally, the group built TACT Academy for Clinical Training (www.tact-india.com), India’s first simulation-based healthcare training institution, which was recognized for its novel idea in healthcare education and was included in the Limca Book of Records for this achievement.
- Dr N Ramakrishnan is the country’s first Board Certified Sleep Specialist. He founded Nithra Institute of Sleep Sciences (www.nithra.com) in 2004 and now serves as the President of the Indian Sleep Disorders Association. Nithra Institute of Sleep Sciences holds the distinction of being the first institution to offer a postdoctoral fellowship in Sleep Medicine through a partnership with Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University.
- Dr N Ramakrishnan is a member of several professional organizations and currently serves as Vice Chancellor of the Indian College of Critical Care Medicine. The American College of Physicians, the American College of Chest Physicians, the American College of Critical Care Medicine, the Indian College of Critical Care Medicine, and the Indian Sleep Disorders Association have all conferred upon him fellowship. He has also garnered numerous notable honors, including the Vaishnav Group of Institutions’ ‘Young Achiever Award’ and the Rotary Club’s ‘Vocational Excellence Award’. He has been a featured speaker at a number of national and international medical conferences and has authored numerous original research publications and invited pieces. He has also written three books in Tamil for the general population on topics like as intensive care, sleep, and organ donation.
Dr N Ramakrishnan Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): +91 44 2829 3333, For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Apollo Hospital Chennai, Greams Lane, 21, Greams Rd, Thousand Lights, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600006, India.