About Dr Narasimhan R
Experience: 35 Yrs+
Specialty: Respiratory Medicine Specialist
Qualification: MBBS; DTCD; MD
Clinic: Apollo Hospitals Greams Road Chennai
MON- SAT | MON- SAT
(10:00 AM-12:00 PM | 02:00 PM-05:00 PM)
Apollo Hospitals Greams Road Chennai
Apollo Hospitals 21, Greams Lane, Off Greams Road Chennai 600 006 Ph:044-28290200/3333
Timing MON- SAT | MON- SAT (10:00 AM-12:00 PM | 02:00 PM-05:00 PM)
- 35 years Worked in Railway Hospitals, Perambur in 1980 for one year
- ADMO in Southern Hospitals, Olavakot division Worked in Jipmer, Pondicherry
- Senior Resident in the department of Chest Diseases
- TB Research Center as Senior Research Fellow
- Sri Ramachandra Medical college as In charge of Respiratory Medicine Joined Apollo Hospitals, Chennai in the year 1992 as consultant and Senior Consultant, Department of Respiratory Medicine
- In charge of Respiratory Medicine, SRM institute of Medical Sciences
- Associate Professor of the University of Queensland, Australia
- Adjunct Professor, Tamil Nadu MGR Medical University
Awards And Achievements
- Got the best Teacher Award from API Chennai Chapter Got the vocational Excellence Award from the Rotary Club of Madras North West for the highest number of diagnostic bronchoscopies in South India.
- Has so far done more than 11000 diagnostic bronchoscopies the highest in South India.
- Has done the highest number of Pleuroscopies in India Has started the Endobronchial Ultrasound unit in India and has done the highest number in one year with very high diagnostic yield (94%)
- He is a faculty for many national and international conferences In the last 22 years as a chest physician has delivered more than 500 lectures on various pulmonary diseases
- He is a regular writer in Health Watch section in The Hindu,
- a well-known national daily Academic Honors On the Editorial board of Lung India as a section
- Editor On the Editorial board of Chest India (ACCP) On the Editorial board of the Journal “Current Medical Trends” On the Editorial board of the Journal “Pulmon” On the Editorial board of Lung India as a section Editor for the Pictorial CME (A peer reviewed journal)
- Editor in chief of the Indian Journal of Bronchology from 2003 for 3 years
- He was now the President of the Indian Association for Bronchology for the year 2012-2013
- He was a chairperson for the South Zone of the Indian Chest Society and also a Governing Council Member
- He delivered the Prestigious Santhosham Chest Oration in the Asia Pacific Conference on Bronchology in Jaipur 2012
- He delivered the Lupin Chest Oration in the AP Chest Conference in 2003
- He presented a paper on EBUS in the ACCP conference in Hawaii in 2011 In 2012 he moderated a session on “Lung cancer and pleural Effusions” in ACCP Conference held in Atlanta, USA
- He was a referee for the Indian Journal of Chest Diseases and Allied Sciences
- He was on the Committee of GINA (Global initiative Against Asthma)
- He was the Governor of the American College of Chest Physicians, SSouth India Chapter
- He has contributed chapters in API Text Book of Medicine and the Text book of Respiratory Medicine by Jindal Organizing Capabilities Organized Indian Bronchology Conferences in 1995 in Chennai
- Organizing Secretary for the ACCP South India Chest Meet 2001 in Chennai
- Organizing Secretary for the ACCP South India Chest Meet 2003 in Chennai
- Organizing Secretary for the Indian Bonchology Conference held in Chennai in Jan 2006
- Organizing Secretary for the Chest Update in 2010 held under the auspices of ACCP
- Organized many medical camps to create awareness on respiratory illness through Respiratory Research Foundation and Rotary clubs
- Dr Narasimhan R has over 36 years of experience as a pulmonologist.
In South India, he has performed over 11000 diagnostic bronchoscopes.
Dr Narasimhan R has performed the most pleuroscopies in India and founded the country’s first endobronchial ultrasound center.
- Dr Narasimhan R is a contributor to The Hindu’s Health Watch Session.
- Dr Narasimhan R earned his MBBS and MD degrees from Madras University and his FCCP certification from the American College of Chest Physicians.
- Dr Narasimhan R has lectured on pulmonary disorders more than 500 times both nationally and abroad.
Dr Narasimhan R Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): +91 44 2829 3333, For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Apollo Hospital Chennai, Greams Lane, 21, Greams Rd, Thousand Lights, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600006, India.