About Dr Ng Kheng Hong
Specialty: General Surgery
Languages: Cantonese, English, Hokkien, Mandarin, Teochew
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK
- Master of Medicine (Surgery), National University of Singapore
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore (General Surgery)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK
- Dr Ng Kheng Hong is a general and colorectal surgeon at Singapore’s Gleneagles Hospital.
His experience includes the use of laparoscopic surgery to treat colorectal cancer, gallbladder stones, appendicitis, and abdominal and groin hernia.
Additionally, he treats stomach pain, adhesions, anal abscesses, and anal pain, as well as bloating, constipation, diarrhoea, gastric pain and ulcers, masses, rectal bleeding, and skin lumps.
- Dr Ng Kheng Hong began his training as a general and colorectal surgeon at Singapore General Hospital in 2000. He was then appointed as a specialist registrar of general surgery at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital at the University of Birmingham, UK, in 2004. He was given further training in advanced laparoscopic and robotic surgery by the Ministry of Health in 2006. From 2009 to 2010, he served as the director of minimally invasive surgery in the department of colorectal surgery at Singapore General Hospital before establishing his private practice at Gleneagles Hospital.
Dr Ng Kheng Hong was awarded a SingHealth HMDP Fellowship to pursue advanced training in laparoscopic and robotic-assisted surgery.
He has been invited to lecture both locally and globally on single incision laparoscopic surgery in colorectal surgery.
He is a visiting senior consultant surgeon at KK Children’s and Women’s Hospital and an adjunct assistant professor in the faculty of medicine at the National University of Singapore’s Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine.
In 2010, he was presented with the Singapore General Hospital’s Long Service Award.
He was a former member of Gleneagles Hospital’s Medical Quality Assurance Committee and Medical Advisory Board. He is currently the chairman of the Academy of Medicine’s Chapter of General Surgeons in Singapore.
Dr Ng has written over 30 peer-reviewed research articles, including ‘Experience of 3711 stapled haemorrhoidectomy operations’ in the British Journal of Surgery and ‘Laparoscopic resection for rectal cancers – Lessons learned from 579 cases’ in the Annals of Surgery.
Dr Ng Kheng Hong Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment and medical enquiry: +65 6575 7575, Appointment Hospital mainline Tel: +65 6473 7222, Central Patient Assistance Centre 24-Hour Helpline: +65 6735 5000, WhatsApp us and get an appointment within 24 hours Tel: +65 8111 9777 (For specialist appointment booking only. WhatsApp messaging service is available in English and operates from Monday to Friday, 9am- 5pm.) For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Gleneagles Hospital Singapore, 6A Napier Road, Singapore 258500.