About Dr Ravishankar K Diddapur
Specialty: General Surgery
Languages: English, Hindi, Tamil
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Master of Surgery (General Surgery), Bombay
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow (General Surgery), UK
- Hesperis Diploma in Transplantation, European College of Transplantation
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore (General Surgery)
- Dr Ravishankar K Diddapur is a general surgeon in Singapore, where he practices at Gleneagles and Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospitals. He specializes in laparoscopic single incision surgery (SILS), as well as liver and transplant surgery.
Dr Ravishankar received comprehensive training in the United Kingdom in laparoscopic and hepatobiliary surgery, as well as multiple organ transplantation (specifically, transplants of the liver, kidney, pancreas and small bowel). He completed his specialist training in general surgery in the United Kingdom, with a focus on transplantation as a subspecialty. He also earned a fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons with a subspecialty in transplantation and the European College of Transplantation’s Hesperis Diploma in transplantation. Dr Ravishankar was interviewed on BBC Radio to discuss transplants.
Dr Ravishankar K Diddapur laparoscopically conducts all types of abdominal surgery in both elective and emergency settings. Dr Ravishankar performed Southeast Asia’s first single incision scarless laparoscopic appendicectomy in 2009. Dr Ravishankar continues to perform this unique surgery in both acute and elective settings for conditions such as acute appendicitis, hernia repair, gallstone disease, liver resection, liver cyst surgery, right hemicolectomy, left hemicolectomy, sigmoid colectomy, and subtotal colectomy for a variety of conditions such as tumors, pancreatic resections, small bowel obstruction, and small bowel adhesions.
- Dr Ravishankar K Diddapur earned his medical degree in 1986, finishing third overall in his university’s final exams and earning distinctions in a variety of subjects. Throughout this time period, he earned awards and prizes for participation in extracurricular activities, some of which he represented on a national level. He was awarded first prize by Warwick University for his thesis work and earned a master’s degree in surgery from Bombay University before relocating to the United Kingdom for further study. Dr Ravishankar was awarded a Health Manpower Development Program (HMDP) grant by the Singapore Ministry of Health, which allowed him to expand his expertise in right lobe living donor liver transplantation.
Dr Ravishankar K Diddapur joined the Singapore National University Hospital (NUH) in 2003 as an Associate Consultant in Liver Transplant and Hepatobiliary Surgery. Simultaneously, he served as a Senior Clinical Lecturer at NUH. Dr Ravishankar was promoted to Consultant in the same specialty shortly afterwards and pioneered laparoscopic surgery for major hepatobiliary surgeries at NUH.
Dr Ravishankar pioneered the laparoscopic liver resection and minimally invasive pancreatic necrosectomy procedures in Singapore. He founded and developed laparoscopic hepatobiliary surgery at NUH, which has grown to become the hospital’s most renowned independent division. Dr Ravishankar performed complex liver transplants and paediatric liver transplants in patients with portal vein thrombosis and hepato-pulmonary syndrome during his consultation at NUH. He conducted all living donor hepatectomies for liver transplantation and had a zero 30-day surgical mortality rate for all elective surgeries performed at NUH.
Dr Ravishankar K Diddapur Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment and medical enquiry: +65 6575 7575, Appointment Hospital mainline Tel: +65 6473 7222, Central Patient Assistance Centre 24-Hour Helpline: +65 6735 5000, WhatsApp us and get an appointment within 24 hours Tel: +65 8111 9777 (For specialist appointment booking only. WhatsApp messaging service is available in English and operates from Monday to Friday, 9am- 5pm.) For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Gleneagles Hospital Singapore, 6A Napier Road, Singapore 258500.