Specialty: Plastic Surgery
Affiliated Hospital: Lilavati Hospital And Research Centre
Department: Department of Plastic Surgery
Since 1998, DR SAMIR MADHUKAR KUMTA has worked at Lilavati Hospital. He is a plastic surgeon who specializes in reconstructive and aesthetic surgery, with a special interest in reconstructive microsurgery. He has a total of 31 years of post-MCH experience. Over 5000 plastic surgeries and 2500 microsurgical treatments have been performed by him.
Fellowship and Training Abroad:
Fellowship in Maxillofacial Fixation from the AOCMF Fellowship in Reconstructive Microsurgery at Melbourne, Australia’s Bernard O’Brien Memorial Microsurgery Research Centre
Professional Organizational Membership:
India’s Association of Plastic Surgeons
The Indian Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery (ISRM) is a non-profit organization dedicated to reconstructive microsur
The Indian Society for Hand Surgery and the World Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery are both members of the World Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons is a group of doctors who specialize in plastic surgery.
Brachial Plexus Society of India Indian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Cleft Lip and Palate and Craniofacial Anomalies Society of India
- Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery reviewer
- Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Editorial Board
- Journal of Hand and Microsurgery Editorial Board
- DR SAMIR MADHUKAR KUMTA has extensive experience in microsurgery for all areas of the body and in all fields of surgery, including emergency finger and limb replantations, free tissue transfers for complex head and neck reconstruction after tumor surgery, limb reconstruction, and other complex microvascular surgical procedures. DR SAMIR MADHUKAR KUMTA has extensive experience with vascularized bone grafts such as the fibula and iliac crest in mandibular repair.
DR SAMIR MADHUKAR KUMTA has presented his work both in India and overseas, and has organized multiple seminars and lectured widely on microvascular surgery in various areas of the country. He is a well-known instructor for Ethicon’s Microsurgery courses at the Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education in Mumbai. He is a member of the Indian Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery and has served as its President. He was the Scientific Chairman for the prestigious World Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery’s 8th Biennial Congress, which will be place in Mumbai from March 19th to 22nd.
International Faculty for AOCMF teaching courses Mentor for MUHS Fellowship in Microsurgery Ethicon Courses in Microsurgery Faculty Book Chapters: Chapter on Microsurgery in G S Kulkarni’s Textbook of Orthopaedics and Trauma (4 volumes); 3rd Edition, Jaypee Brothers 2016 Chapter on Microsurgery in Karoon Agarwal’s Textbook of Plastic Surgery Volume 2; Ed. Microvascular femoral Condyle Grafts are the subject of a forthcoming chapter in The Broken Scaphoid, edited by Amit Gupta et al.
- MS General Surgery
- MCh. Plastic Surgery.
- Male genital reconstruction for gender reassignment, cancer or trauma
- Facial Reanimation for facial nerve palsy
- Complex limb reconstruction
- Head and neck reconstruction
DR SAMIR MADHUKAR KUMTA Appointment Process
|– Emergency/ Casualty||8063/ 8064|
|– Admission Department||8080/ 8081/ 8082|
|– Appointment – OPD||8050/ 8051|
For Online Appointment: Click Here