About Dr Tan Boon Harn David
Specialty: Radiation Oncology
Tel: 8101 3838
Qualification: MBBS, FRACP (AUS), FAMS(Medical Oncology)
Clinic: Asian Alliance Radiation & Oncology
Mount Alvernia Hospital
820 Thomson Road
Medical Centre D #08-53
8.30am to 5.30pm (Mon – Fri)
8.30am to 12.30pm (Sat)
- Dr Tan Boon Harn David is a radiation oncologist and a consultant at Asian American Radiation & Oncology. His clinical interests include the care of gynecological, gastrointestinal, hepatobiliary, and lung malignancies, as well as the application of stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) and stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS). Additionally, he has received training in brachytherapy for gynecological cancers.
- Dr Tan Boon Harn David earned a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree from the National University of Singapore in 2005 and began his radiation oncology training in 2007. Dr. Tan was awarded a Singapore Ministry of Health Health and Manpower Development Award in 2011 to pursue a Fellowship in Advanced Oncology in the United Kingdom. He received advanced training in general oncology and subspecialized in the above tumor areas at Mount Vernon Cancer Cancer in Middlesex. Additionally, he received training from world-renowned experts in stereotactic radiosurgery and brachytherapy. Dr. Tan earned the FRCR in Clinical Oncology in 2013 and was admitted to the Academy of Medicine, Singapore (FAMS) in Radiation Oncology in 2014.
- Dr Tan Boon Harn David previously served as a Consultant Radiation Oncologist at Singapore’s National Cancer Centre (NCCS). Throughout his ten years in the public sector, he pioneered the Liver and Pancreas SBRT programs, overseeing their development from protocol development to patient enrollment and, later, treatment of increasingly complex cases such as multiple liver metastases and portal vein thrombosis in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). He was an outspoken proponent of modern radiation treatments, routinely organizing seminars and multidisciplinary conversations to educate his peers and surgical and medical oncology colleagues about their uses and benefits.
- Dr Tan Boon Harn David serves as the National Project Coordinator for Singapore for the International Atomic Energy Agency’s (IAEA) Regional Project 6085, which aims to Improve Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy for Common Cancers in the Asia-Pacific Region. After establishing Singapore as a regional training hub for the Asia-Pacific region, Dr. Tan hosted the project’s inaugural regional training course in NCCS in 2016, which drew participants from 17 member states. He is also a council member of the Federation of Asian Organizations for Radiation Oncology (FARO), a non-profit scientific organization comprised of Asia’s national radiation oncology societies dedicated to raising the region’s standard of care in radiotherapy.
- Dr Tan Boon Harn David is a member of the Singapore Radiological Society’s executive committee and serves as honorary treasurer. He is also a fellow of the Academy of Medicine. As a member of the SRS’s radiation oncology subsection, Dr. Tan organizes annual scientific dinner-symposiums for the local oncology community to educate them about the latest advances in radiotherapy for common tumor sites such as the liver, lung, and gynecological tumors, as well as new technologies such as proton therapy. Dr. Tan also served as an Adjunct Assistant Professor at Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School, where he hosted and supervised medical students on clinical attachments at NCCS, and as a clinical lecturer at Nanyang Polytechnic School of Radiation Therapy, where he delivered lectures to aspiring radiation therapists.
- Dr Tan Boon Harn David is actively involved in clinical research and has published articles in peer-reviewed oncology journals on a variety of areas, including SBRT, brachytherapy, gastrointestinal, and gynecological tumors. He was invited to serve as guest editor for a special issue of the Chinese Clinical Oncology journal entitled “Advances in Stereotactic Radiosurgery” in 2017, where he and his co-editors developed content and collaborated with international experts to publish the latest advances in stereotactic radiotherapy treatments. He is a regular reviewer for surgical, oncology, and radiotherapy journals. Dr. Tan is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), the American Society of Radiation Oncology (ASTRO), the European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology (ESTRO), and the International Stereotactic Radiosurgery Society (ISRS).
Dr Tan Boon Harn David Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment Line Tel: +65 6347 6688 (Open 24 hours), If you require any urgent assistance, please contact us at +65 6347 6688. For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Mount Alvernia Hospital, 820 Thomson Road, Singapore 574623.