About Dr Tan Guan Lim Lincoln
Languages: English, Indonesian, Mandarin
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Master in Medicine (Surgery), National University of Singapore
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow (Urology)
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore (Urology)
- Dr Tan Guan Lim Lincoln is a urologist at Singapore’s Gleneagles Hospital.
His areas of expertise include laparoscopic and robotic-assisted surgery for the minimally invasive treatment of breast, kidney, and bladder cancers, as well as holistic care for men diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Dr Tan Guan Lim Lincoln previously served as the head of urologic oncology at Singapore’s National University Hospital (NUH) and National University Cancer Institute. He is currently the chairman of the advisory committee for the Singapore Cancer Society’s prostate cancer survivorship programs and a visiting consultant at NUH.
- Dr Tan Guan Lim Lincoln earned his undergraduate degree and master’s degree in surgery from the National University of Singapore (NUS). He is a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh, a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Glasgow, and a fellow of the Academy of Medicine in urology. He completed his advanced specialist urology training at NUH and was awarded the Academy of Medicine’s College of Surgeons gold medal for becoming the cohort’s top advanced urological trainee. At The Royal Melbourne Hospital, he completed fellowships in urologic oncology and laparoscopic and tele-robotic urologic surgery.
He serves as an examiner for medical undergraduates and urological trainees and is a faculty member of the Asian Urological Surgery Training and Education Network, a group of regional urologists committed to sharing training opportunities in endourology and minimally invasive urological surgery with trainees in Asia. He previously worked as an assistant professor in the surgery department at NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine.
Dr Tan Guan Lim Lincoln is particularly interested in advanced prostate cancer diagnostics and the efficiency of safer, more precise prostate biopsies. He was the principal investigator of the first local research to validate the use of the Prostate Health Index for risk stratification of men at risk of prostate cancer, thus avoiding unnecessary biopsies. He was also one of the clinical leaders behind Singapore’s introduction of transperineal free-hand prostate biopsy. He was also the first urologist to perform targeted prostate biopsy using a transperineal MRI-ultrasound fusion in the office.
In Indonesia, Malaysia, China, Taiwan, the Philippines, and Nepal, he lectures on prostate cancer treatment. He is a recipient of the Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence and the Excellent Service Award (Silver).
Dr Tan Guan Lim Lincoln Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment and medical enquiry: +65 6575 7575, Appointment Hospital mainline Tel: +65 6473 7222, Central Patient Assistance Centre 24-Hour Helpline: +65 6735 5000, WhatsApp us and get an appointment within 24 hours Tel: +65 8111 9777 (For specialist appointment booking only. WhatsApp messaging service is available in English and operates from Monday to Friday, 9am- 5pm.) For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Gleneagles Hospital Singapore, 6A Napier Road, Singapore 258500.