About Dr Tan Seng Hoe
Specialty: Renal Medicine
Languages: Cantonese, English, Hokkien, Indonesian, Mandarin, Teochew
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery – MBBS 1990,
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians – MRCP (UK)1996
- Master of Medicine – M Med (Internal Medicine) 1996
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine – FAMS (Internal Medicine) 2000
- Fellow of the Royal College Of Physicians – FRCP (Edinburgh) 2004
- Fellow of the Royal College Of Physicians – FRCP (London) 2009
- Dr Tan Seng Hoe is a renal physician with over two decades of experience in the field. He currently sees patients with a variety of kidney-related disorders at his clinics at Mount Elizabeth Novena, Mount Elizabeth, and Gleneagles Hospitals.
Dr Tan Seng Hoe graduated from the National University of Singapore’s Faculty of Medicine (MBBS, 1990). After completing his internal medicine residency, he pursued advanced specialty training in renal medicine at the National University Hospital’s Division of Nephrology. He then received additional training in Peritoneal Dialysis in 2000 through a Health Manpower Development Programme scholarship at the University of Missouri-Division Columbia’s of Nephrology. He was elected a Fellow of the Singapore Academy of Medicine in 2000 and the Royal Colleges of Physicians of Edinburgh in 2004.
Dr Tan Seng Hoe previously worked as a senior consultant at Tan Tock Seng Hospital’s Renal Medicine Unit. He was instrumental in the Unit’s growth and later served as its Founding Head.
- Dr Tan Seng Hoe’s dedication to the field of nephrology encompasses several facets. He is a true believer in training and molding future physicians, and currently serves as a Senior Clinical Lecturer at the National University of Singapore Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Additionally, he is a member of the Renal Medicine Specialist Training Committee.
He is also an active member of many commissions. Among the more notable ones are the Singapore Society of Nephrology, for which he served as Honorary Secretary, and the National Healthcare Group’s Domain Specific Review Board (Domain E), for which he served as Deputy Chairman. The Board protects the rights and well-being of human subjects who are subjects of a research report. Dr Tan is also a member of the College of Physicians’ Chapter of Renal Physicians. Additionally, he is a member of the National Kidney Foundation’s Medical Advisory Committee, Tender Committee, and Research Committee, as well as the Kidney Dialysis Foundation’s Medical Advisory Committee.
Dr Tan was awarded the Commendation Medal, the National Day Award, and the Courage Star Award by the National Healthcare Group in 2003. Both honors were given in memory of his efforts to defeat SARS. Additionally, in 2008, Spring Singapore presented him with the Excellent Service Award (Silver).
Dr Tan Seng Hoe Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment and medical enquiry: +65 6575 7575, Appointment Hospital mainline Tel: +65 6473 7222, Central Patient Assistance Centre 24-Hour Helpline: +65 6735 5000, WhatsApp us and get an appointment within 24 hours Tel: +65 8111 9777 (For specialist appointment booking only. WhatsApp messaging service is available in English and operates from Monday to Friday, 9am- 5pm.) For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Gleneagles Hospital Singapore, 6A Napier Road, Singapore 258500.