About Dr Tan Wei Leong Glenn
Specialty: Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
Designation: Head of Department, Head of Service (Vascular Surgery), Head (Vascular Diagnostic Laboratory), Senior Consultant
Qualification: MBChB, FRCS (Glasg), MMed (Surgery), FRCSEd (Gen Surg)
Clinical Interests: Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
Complex Endovascular Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Dr Tan Wei Leong Glenn is currently the Head of the Department of General Surgery as an Adjunct Assistant Professor. Additionally, he is the Head of the Vascular Surgery Service and the Vascular Diagnostic Laboratory at Tan Tock Seng Hospital.
Dr Tan Wei Leong Glenn graduated from the University of Glasgow with a degree in medicine in 2003 and was admitted to the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow in 2006. After returning to Singapore, he continued his postgraduate surgical training by earning a Master of Medicine (Surgery) and enrolling in Advanced Specialty Training in General Surgery in 2007.
- Dr Tan Wei Leong Glenn completed his General Surgery training in 2010 after passing the Joint Specialty Fellowship Examination in General Surgery, for which he received the Gold Medal from the College of Surgeons, Singapore, and was admitted as a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. Additionally, he was subsequently admitted to the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow as a Surgical Fellow in 2013.
- In 2010, he was awarded a Healthcare Manpower Development Plan (HMDP) Fellowship and a TTSH Scholarship in Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, which allowed him to pursue subspecialty training at Glasgow’s Western Infirmary, St Vincent’s Hospital, and Epworth Hospital in Melbourne, Australia.
- His primary clinical interests are in complex endovascular aortic aneurysm repair, lower limb salvage surgery in peripheral vascular disease, and endovenous therapy for varicose veins.
- He is actively interested in undergraduate and postgraduate medical education as an Adjunct Assistant Professor at Nanyang Technological University’s Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine and as a Clinical Senior Lecturer at the National University of Singapore’s Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Between 2014 and 2018, he served as the Principal Lead for Surgery at the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, where he was heavily involved in the creation of the undergraduate surgical curriculum. He is currently an examiner for both medical schools’ final MBBS examinations. He currently serves as a Core Clinical Faculty Member in the NHG General Surgery Residency Program and previously served as a Core Clinical Faculty Member in the NHG Transitional Year and Post-graduate Year 1 Residency Programs.
Dr Tan Wei Leong Glenn Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Phone: +65 6256 6011, General Enquiries: 6256 6011, Centralised Appointment Lines: 6357 7000, 9635 1421 (for local SMS), Billing Enquiries: 6407 8128, Emergency Department: 6357 8754, TTSH Community Fund: 6357 2500. For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH), 11 Jln Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433.