About Dr Tan Yau Min Gerald
Specialty / Subspecialties: Urology
AFFILIATED HOSPITALS: Advanced Urology Associates Pte Ltd
Languages: English, Mandarin, Teochew
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) (Edin) 1996
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (MRCS, Edin) 2002
- Master of Medicine (MMed) (Surgery) NUS 2003
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine (FAMS) (Urology) 2007
- Fellow of the International College of Surgeons (FICS) (USA)
Education & Experience:
- Dr Tan Yau Min Gerald is a urology specialist at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital who is well known for his expertise in minimally invasive and robotic surgery and for prostate, kidney and bladder cancers.
- Dr Tan Yau Min Gerald completed his fellowship in both prostate cancer research and robotic urologic oncology under world-renowned robotic surgeon Professor Ash Tewari, director of both the Prostate Cancer Institute and LeFrak Institute of Robotic Surgery at Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York City. Their research has been honoured with top awards and honours from the American Urological Association, the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, the Sexual Medicine Society of North America, and the International College of Surgeons.
- Dr Tan Yau Min Gerald has been involved in over 550 robotic radical prostatectomies, and was one of the first in Singapore to perform robotic partial nephrectomy for early kidney cancer and robotic radical cystectomy for muscle-invasive bladder cancer. Dr Tan is proficient in robotic and advanced laparoscopic operations, and also conducts major cancer and reconstructive surgery for complex pelvic cancer. Prior to entering private practice, Dr Tan led the Tan Tock Seng Hospital Robotic Urology Task Force as surgical proctor, and oversaw the creation of the hospital’s inpatient-care route for patients undergoing robotic prostatectomy.
- Dr Tan Yau Min Gerald has also received several top international academic awards and distinctions, becoming the designated recipient of the prestigious Ferdinand C. Valentine Fellowship in Urologic Research by the New York Academy of Medicine, the AACR-GlaxoSmithKline Outstanding Clinical Scholar Award by the American Association of Cancer Research, the John Steyn Traveling Fellowship in Urology & the James Syme Medal for outstanding academic achievement by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
- In 2011, he was awarded the Yahya Cohen Memorial Lectureship by the College of Surgeons, Singapore for excellence in clinical research. In 2012, he was named the Outstanding Young Urologist of Asia by the Urological Association of Asia for his contributions to the field of urology. To date, Dr Tan has written seven book chapters and over twenty-five peer-reviewed scientific papers published in prestigious journals that include Urology (Gold Journal), European Urology, Urologic Clinics of North America, Journal of Endourology, Journal of Clinical Oncology, and British Journal of Urology International. He is a frequent reviewer for the British Journal of Urology International in the fields of minimally invasive and robotic surgery.
Dr Tan Yau Min Gerald Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): BOOK BY Tel 68810048, Fax 68810049, Orchard +65 6250 0000, Novena +65 6898 6898 & Online Appointment here.
Chamber Name & Address: Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Advanced Urology Associates Pte Ltd, 319 Joo Chiat Place #02-05, Parkway East Medical Centre, Singapore 427989.
Read: Our Health Tips
Like: Our Facebook Page