About Dr Tan Yeh Hong
Specialty / Subspecialties: Urology
AFFILIATED HOSPITALS: Centre For Urology, Robotic & Minimally Invasive Surgery
Languages: English, Hokkien, Indonesian, Malay, Mandarin, Teochew
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Master of Medicine (Surgery), National University of Singapore
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore (Urology)
Education & Experience:
- Dr Tan Yeh Hong is a urologist practising at Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Singapore.
- Dr Tan Yeh Hong has particular interest in minimally invasive surgery in the treatment of bladder, kidney and prostate cancer.
- Dr Tan Yeh Hong’s clinical experience involves conducting non-invasive and minimally invasive surgery to treat kidney stones. Dr Tan also serves as a kidney transplant surgeon and was part of the team which conducted the first dual kidney transplant in Singapore. He is also the first surgeon in Singapore to perform a laparoendoscopic single-site (LESS) radical nephrectomy to treat kidney cancer through a single keyhole cut.
- Dr Tan Yeh Hong completed his Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery at the National University of Singapore in 1991. He then sought advanced training in urology at the Singapore General Hospital (SGH) before embarking on a clinical fellowship at the Duke University in North Carolina, USA. There, he trained in laparoscopy and endourology (minimally invasive treatment of kidney stones) under the mentorship of Professor Glenn Preminger and Professor David Albala. He also did a preceptorship in minimally invasive urology and laparoscopic surgery at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio, USA in 2003.
- Dr Tan was previously a senior consultant urologist, director of endourology and director of laparoscopy and robotic surgery in the Department of Urology at SGH.
- Dr Tan is currently the president of the Singapore Urological Association. He was the organizing chairman of Urofair 2011 and the Asia Pacific Congress of Urological Diseases. He was council member of the Chapter of Urologists at the Academy of Medicine of Singapore and also served as a council member of the Asian Society of Endourology.
- Dr Tan has also been heavily involved in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching. He served as a senior clinical lecturer at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS and an adjunct assistant professor at the Duke-NUS Medical School. He was also named as a visiting professor to the Capital University of Medical Sciences in Beijing, China in 2008.
- Dr Tan Yeh Hong’s research has been published in international peer-reviewed journals, such as the Journal of Urology, Journal of Endourology, Urology, Urologic Clinics of North America, Current Opinion in Urology, Archives of Surgery and BJU International.
- Dr Tan is also an editorial board member for the International Journal of Urology and the Journal of Minimally Invasive Urology. He acts as a reviewer for various journals, such as the Journal of Urology, Urological Science, BJU International and Singapore Medical Journal. He has also been invited to lecture and hold live surgery demonstrations in countries such as China, Vietnam, Bangladesh and Indonesia.
Dr Tan Yeh Hong Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): BOOK BY Tel 67339233, Fax 67330313, Orchard +65 6250 0000, Novena +65 6898 6898 & Online Appointment here.
Chamber Name & Address: Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Centre For Urology, Robotic & Minimally Invasive Surgery, 3 Mount Elizabeth #16-15, Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre, Singapore 228510.
Read: Our Health Tips
Like: Our Facebook Page