About Dr Timothy Lim Yong Kuei
Specialty: Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Tel: 6261 3348
Qualification: MbChB (Aberdeen), MRCOG (London), FRCOG (London)
Clinic: Timothy Lim Clinic for Women & Cancer Surgery
Mount Alvernia Hospital
820 Thomson Road
Medical Centre A #01-03
8.30am to 5pm (Mon – Fri)
8.30am to 12.30pm (Sat)
- Dr Timothy Lim Yong Kuei is a Gynaecologist and Obstetrician with a special focus in the therapy of gynecological malignancies. Though his primary areas of interest are laparoscopic surgery, complex pelvic surgery, and the prevention and treatment of gynecological cancers, he also provides antenatal care to expectant mothers and manages a variety of gynecological conditions, including endometriosis, fibroids, and ovarian cysts.
- Dr Timothy Lim Yong Kuei earned his undergraduate degree in 1998 from the National University of Singapore and his postgraduate degrees in O&G in 2003 from the Royal College of O&G in London. He began his gynaecological oncology fellowship training in 2006 at KKH’s Department of Gynaecological Oncology and was awarded a Health Manpower Development Program of the Ministry of Health (HMDP) fellowship in 2008 to train in minimally invasive gynaecological cancer surgery in France under the tutelage of renowned Prof Denis Querleu. He also holds a Masters of Law (LLM) in Medical Law and Ethics from the University of Edinburgh, which he earned in 2016.
- From 2014 to 2019, he served as the Head and Senior Consultant Gynecologist of the Department of Gynecological Oncology at KKH, as well as the Deputy Chairman of the Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology at KKH from October 2015 to 2019. He was crucial in establishing minimally invasive gynecologic cancer surgery as a standard of care at KKH and in initiating ICG-NIR sentinel lymph node biopsy services for endometrial malignancies in 2016. In 2009, he conducted the first laparoscopic Wertheim’s radical hysterectomy for cervical cancer, and in December 2015, he performed the first ICG-NIR sentinel lymph node biopsy for early endometrial cancer. In 2016, he also brought digital colposcopy services to the colposcopy facilities at KKH for the management of preinvasive illnesses. Additionally, he successfully delivered the first pregnancy for a young cervical cancer survivor who underwent a fertility-preserving radical trachelectomy in Singapore in 2015.
- From April 2018 to April 2019, he served as Academic Vice-Chair of Research for the Singhealth O&G Academic Clinical Program (ACP). He has produced and co-authored more than 40 peer-reviewed publications during his career as a clinical researcher. He was also the primary investigator for numerous multicenter HPV vaccine clinical trials at KK hospital, as well as a co-investigator for several multicenter chemotherapeutic trials. He is a member of the editorial boards of the World Journal of Clinical Cases and the Journal of Cancer Metastasis and Treatment (JCMT), as well as an associate editor of the Singapore Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. His primary scientific interests include genital tract cancers and complicated pelvic surgery, particularly advanced laparoscopic and robotic cancer surgery.
- Dr Timothy Lim Yong Kuei is passionate about medical education, both for undergraduates and residents in O&G. From 2017 to 2019, he served as an Associate Professor (Adj) at the National University of Singapore’s YLL Medical School, Duke-NUS Medical School in Singapore, and the LKC School of Medicine in Singapore. From 2012 to 2019, Dr Timothy Lim Yong Kuei served as a Physician Faculty member of the Singhealth O&G Residency Program and as the course director for the colposcopy and management of preinvasive illnesses program of the Singhealth O&G ACP. Additionally, he serves as an assessor and coordinator for the in-hospital clinical training modules for colposcopy and NUS, and has served on the JCST O&G examination committee since 2016.
- Dr Timothy Lim Yong Kuei is an advocate for public education, particularly on the prevention and treatment of gynecological cancers, and has assisted in the organization of various public health talks and activities over the last decade. Dr Timothy Lim Yong Kuei has volunteered as a doctor with the Singapore Cancer Society for several years and is currently the Chairman of the SCS’s Women’s Gynaecological Cancer Awareness Committee. He has also devoted his time to professional education over the last decade by serving on the councils of the O&G Society of Singapore (OGSS) and the Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology of Singapore (SCCPS). Since March 2019, he has served as Honorary President of both societies. From 2016 to 2018, he also worked as the department chair for gynecologic oncology at the College of Obstetrics and Gynecology in Singapore.
- Dr Timothy Lim Yong Kuei has received numerous awards, including the best clinical teacher award (NUS) in 2007, Service with a Heart awards, Singheath service quality (Star) awards in 2011 and 2018, NUS commendation award (role model) awards in 2013 and 2014, Outstanding faculty award in Singhealth O&G residency programs in 2014, 2015,2016, and 2018, as well as the best scientific abstract award (Gynaecologic Oncology) at the 10th RCOG international Scientific Congress in 2012 and the Best Video
Dr Timothy Lim Yong Kuei Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment Line Tel: +65 6347 6688 (Open 24 hours), If you require any urgent assistance, please contact us at +65 6347 6688. For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Mount Alvernia Hospital, 820 Thomson Road, Singapore 574623.